Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screenshot Thread: Ready and Deady!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I must admit, Bizarre Monkey you have some really fun games( opinion based on your posts) once I get some free time I will be sure to download some of your games from the resource section and play. You have your own unique style and that is something I love. If you ever want to collab on a small game sometime, like a contest that happens here or something, be sure to keep me in mind.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Lol there's no pressure you guys. I just love doing what I do! Also it's possible my free time may go back from being limited to completely unhampered. Which will be great.

Over this weekend I'm going to heavily weigh up whether finishing this course is worth it, I may withdraw. It's no decision I'll be making lightly, I devoted a large part of this past year to getting into this course, and I've no desire to leave it on a whim.

Still, I keep finding my personal health issues, both of a mental and physical sort are piling up. And much as this course and everything about it is the dream that is only now being realized, I'm gravely behind in some classes, and the penalty for withdrawing is so minimal I barely need to talk of it.

Ultimately it means I have to sum up if it's worth the danger to my health. It's very likely if I do withdraw that I may attempt it again some day when in a better state.

But this will be needing a lot more thought. That's what this weekend is for. It's possible that Wednesday will be my final visit. We'll have to see!

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
So I decided to stick with the tileset mix I have and I created a small piece of my town for the halloween contest I am in. What do you guys think of this map so far.

Map004.png

I also fixed up my festival map a little bit.
Map005.png

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
The festival map is more beautiful than ever *_* The village/town is great as well!
Thank you :) You should be able to play this game before halloween, I am working on a team with 2 others, KilloZappit and Nyapurgisnacht, I am sure you know who KilloZappit is (Text Wrapper Script and many others) you may know Nya as well, her game is here. I hope to get more feedback on current maps, so pick away everyone :) .

P.S Sorry for tex formatting, my text color wont change back to normal..wierd lol

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Don't worry about the format. However I might surprise you. I didn't know their existence until you mention them. At least, they are providing a great help for your project ^^

@Ruby: heights are a bit off in the first map, and it's easy to tell since everything's so close to each other. I'd spread it out a little more, and change up some of the stuff like the towers, which appear to be the same height as the houses.

@Monkey: I withdrew from a course. Best decision ever made - the impact was minimal, I was hired elsewhere anyway and most companies don't even ask to see your degree - it's just used as a screening thing (the content is practically irrelevant to whatever job you do as well) and there are other ways to get past the screening without having to go through job apps that hundreds of others also apply though.

Just do something that isn't mainstream and you'll stand out better than someone with a Masters or something.

Ruby

Villager
Xy$
@HotfireLegend; Thanks for that! Curiously though, I'm not sure what you mean? The towers should be one higher than the houses, as well the walls of the castle, they should be one tile higher as well. The cylinder pillars should be the same height, though, as the houses. But, I definitely agree that things need to be spread out! It was more of a test map for a contest, I have not submitted it yet, so I'm loving the feedback!

PandaMaru

Local Hero
Xy$
@LTN Games
Mh, the mix don't work so well because Germania is pixelart and my tiles are drawn and have another contrast. My suggestion would be to implicate my tiles and do something to match the contrast. I could help you with that. Just send me a pm with your set-mix. :)

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Oh, uh, hi! Here are a few maps I've made-
I like the look of your maps, a lot actually, you have a lot of creativity put into them. I agree with hotfire, the heights seem a bit off on the first map but overall it looks great to me.

Now the one thing I noticed with the second map is the bookshelf and the wall at your entrance. The height of the wall looks off, but it probably is not, I think the bookcase is just throwing an illusion at me lol. Just thought I would point it out anyways and you can judge it yourself. :)
RubyScreenshot.png

Mh, the mix don't work so well because Germania is pixelart and my tiles are drawn and have another contrast. My suggestion would be to implicate my tiles and do something to match the contrast. I could help you with that. Just send me a pm with your set-mix
I will take you up on this offer for sure. I was very hesitant to use the pixel art with you'r tiles, I really like the look of pixel myth but if you have better suggestions I am all for it, there is still 2 weeks away for deadline and I only have 3 maps soooo I'm glad I never went all out with these tiles yet. I will pm you when I get a bit of free time and chill out a bit :) talk to you soon <3

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
@Ruby: heights are a bit off in the first map, and it's easy to tell since everything's so close to each other. I'd spread it out a little more, and change up some of the stuff like the towers, which appear to be the same height as the houses.

@Monkey: I withdrew from a course. Best decision ever made - the impact was minimal, I was hired elsewhere anyway and most companies don't even ask to see your degree - it's just used as a screening thing (the content is practically irrelevant to whatever job you do as well) and there are other ways to get past the screening without having to go through job apps that hundreds of others also apply though.

Just do something that isn't mainstream and you'll stand out better than someone with a Masters or something.
Well ultimately I would rather stay unemployed so I can keep making games, the twist I found out late tonight is that I'd have to do community service or search for a job despite having no qualifications. I aim to be my own job, so I'd rather courses than community work.

In Australia jobs are virtually a rare resource, the Abbott Government scapegoats immigration and "boat people" as the cause, but really it's because our industry has become so set on making mining our golden pig of avarice that it seems giving handouts and subsidies to these mega-companies who just want to badly to bring our climate to ruin has had to effect some people. These are Health firms, educational institutes and such, they don't have the funds to keep as many employees paid as they would if our government wasn't so deluded in the notion of coal being our economic savior, finding a job here is like a needle in a haystack search.

The worst part is that liberal voters don't seem to be keen on donkey voting in 2016 so we'll have at least another four years of this madness, and likely more since Rupert Murdoch and Gina Rinehart, both greedy insane people, are the dictators of our mainstream media.

Grrr... Liberal Party is basically your republican party, except not a huge joke. They've more or less become corporately-sided dictators and driven our country into the dirt over the past 3 years. The Great Barrier Reef?

It's almost entirely GONE.

Rights of people? Also almost gone.

Sorry. I'm angry about all of this, I'll swing us back on topic.

Here's a little more of Boned.

Last edited:

TheGoof

Knight
Xy$
I did a rough mock-up of a fan game i want to make, Miracle Warriors 2 using ripped assets from the original, and the resizer tool featured here http://rpgmakermv.co/threads/image-resizer.218/ and a wee bit of photoshopping.

It might be a bit sad, but i mostly have this urge to make fangames in RPG Maker.
I especially love obscure games like Miracle Warriors on the sega master system.

Status
Not open for further replies.