Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Running out of Plugin Ideas

xaviarsly

Villager
Xy$
I have the will and energy to read, research and make plugins, but no idea at my head in the moment. It would also be a good part to practice what I already know via JavaScript. In this case, we also see that most plugins we want are already in there, mostly from Weather System to Images, to anything and all of that.

May I ask for your ideas of which plugin is new to make? Probably those that deals with GUI, etc.

ok i have an idea ive been trying to find a plugin and may be u can help me . how bout one where every skill gets tracked for how many times you use it and can become more powerful based on that. so like every skill has a level and if u use it enough times it levels up and deals alittle more damege
But instead of makeing more then one copy of the same skill the game keeps track and applys a damege forula to the skill or something like that

Mr.Gaming

Towns Guard
Xy$
ok i have an idea ive been trying to find a plugin and may be u can help me . how bout one where every skill gets tracked for how many times you use it and can become more powerful based on that. so like every skill has a level and if u use it enough times it levels up and deals alittle more damege
But instead of makeing more then one copy of the same skill the game keeps track and applys a damege forula to the skill or something like that
You mine as a kind Hitexpander for skills can that be? From the description it sounds like that.

xaviarsly

Villager
Xy$
You mine as a kind Hitexpander for skills can that be? From the description it sounds like that.
eah something like that for exsample "jump attack" dose 100 dmg to a foe but if u use it enough times it will add 10% damege and that will stack over time of manny uses. my point is to give skills last longer in the game so that players can keep useing thier favoret ones forever and all the way to the final boss(or for multiplayer stuff)
[doublepost=1459222837,1459222761][/doublepost]moves like status efeecting ones just become more acurate or soemthing just anidea

Mr.Gaming

Towns Guard
Xy$
eah something like that for exsample "jump attack" dose 100 dmg to a foe but if u use it enough times it will add 10% damege and that will stack over time of manny uses. my point is to give skills last longer in the game so that players can keep useing thier favoret ones forever and all the way to the final boss(or for multiplayer stuff)
[doublepost=1459222837,1459222761][/doublepost]moves like status efeecting ones just become more acurate or soemthing just anidea
I understand, then dan as a Level Up for skills, like in Final Fantasy II. There it was so that if you have used a skill often enough it was has became stronger after a while. Is that more like it?

Mr.Gaming

Towns Guard
Xy$
Yes that is unfortunately also my problem. But I work sn an alternate way. But this was probably enough Forummisusing from me. :D

Boy Who Codes

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Giving thanks to those of you giving ideas of possible plugins to create. However I just want to note that I will not be doing any request that has to do with battle systems or porting another scripter's plugin / script. I was thinking of building something new and something RPG Maker users have not seen for quite a while. Messaging systems and battle systems are already created by Yanfly, and I think I have to give him those.

Hope all of you understand.

Mr.Gaming

Towns Guard
Xy$
Giving thanks to those of you giving ideas of possible plugins to create. However I just want to note that I will not be doing any request that has to do with battle systems or porting another scripter's plugin / script. I was thinking of building something new and something RPG Maker users have not seen for quite a while. Messaging systems and battle systems are already created by Yanfly, and I think I have to give him those.

Hope all of you understand.

Yes I understand you of course , write plugins is not what you can do in 5 minutes , also it makes no sense to write what is exists who knows how often.

nijineko

Villager
Xy$
A hack... er script that will tie into networking and effectively grant multiplayer support. Obviously, it would be necessary to have the ability to tie different networked players to independent actors in the game.

Tying into the Android and iPhone monetization and Ad systems would be nice as well.

doranikofu

Villager
Xy$
I think a nice touchpad plugin for mobile will be nice. The default touch control in MV can be hard to use for menu if playing on small screens.
There are a few plugins to add buttons on screen, but most of them only show in map.
One can be used in menu but it does not turn off the default touch control so it is still hard to use.

Essy

Towns Guard
Xy$
A hack... er script that will tie into networking and effectively grant multiplayer support. Obviously, it would be necessary to have the ability to tie different networked players to independent actors in the game.
Hey that's my stchick! If someones going to sit on a networking project and never finish it it's going to be me!

But seriously having a good communication and storage abstraction would be an excellent first step. To quote myself on the process though...
One issue is that when utilizing (non-Node) JS there just isn't a good way of forming TCP connections or sending information over UDP. A server has to be used as an intermediate. RPG Maker MV supports two modes, a web mode that utilizes vanilla JS and a desktop mode that utilizes Node.

This means that for the RMMVN project to be completed there could be a number of separate implementations depending on how the game is intended to be deployed. I'll assume that the player base for an online project in the engine will be rather small...

A http client server approach would work for both the web and desktop versions

But running a game through a http server can be very slow unless the information passed is very small, in order to get very good performance from client server we need to connect directly to a server and keep the connection.

Starting with this approach only Desktop mode is possible. Connecting directly with TCP is useful for state-sensitive data and UDP is good for data that isn't state-sensitive.

Client Servers may be a bit cost prohibitive for the common RPG Maker user though, so we can utilize Node to allow for P2P to ease the pain.

The server could just be used to route connections between players through easy to use HTTP.

In this example each player makes one request to the server and 'logs in' which is recorded in the database. A player could send a (extremely lightweight) signal to let the server know they're still 'logged in.' After a certain amount of time they would be removed the the database. The server would then send a list of ports and IPs to allow the local Desktop game to form TCP connections between the players(bad connections are simply rejected to simplify things since there is no way to be sure that a received IP is logged in.)

The very last approach that could be implemented is a direct IP approach where you manually enter the port/ip in-game to form the connection(no server necessary.)

It may be awhile before I get to it, but I think if I were to get back to this project I would try to implement easy to use solutions for all of these approaches. If someone wants to do this ahead of me then that's fine too. For those willing to attempt it I have created a NoSQL Database usable within the Desktop Game application which would be useful for P2P.

It's something that's been on my project backlog but it's waaaaaaay in the back since I typically don't work in RPG Maker anymore. If OP wants to take the project off my hands (or participate in a collaboration) I'd be more than happy about it lol.

EDIT: Also, just noticed this thread is a necro... Offer is still up there though!

nijineko

Villager
Xy$
Hey that's my stchick! If someones going to sit on a networking project and never finish it it's going to be me!

But seriously having a good communication and storage abstraction would be an excellent first step. To quote myself on the process though...

It's something that's been on my project backlog but it's waaaaaaay in the back since I typically don't work in RPG Maker anymore. If OP wants to take the project off my hands (or participate in a collaboration) I'd be more than happy about it lol.

EDIT: Also, just noticed this thread is a necro... Offer is still up there though!
Would it be possible to run a mini-server on the phone in question as a companion app to serve as a translation route?

Essy

Towns Guard
Xy$
Would it be possible to run a mini-server on the phone in question as a companion app to serve as a translation route?
Yeah you could do something like that. One problem though is that vanilla JS cannot make the server run on it's own (although Node can.)

Normally HTTP is pretty slow but if you use a local server you can make it really fast. (local HTTP should be faster than remote UDP/TCP) so you might have an executable that starts up the local server and then loads up your web version.

If you want to visualize it with the graphs use the first diagram but each player has their own server instead of connecting to a common one, then treat each of those sets as a 'player' in the UDP/TCP or P2P examples.

The good thing is it doesn't matter what language the server is running on, so the most platform independent local server option (probably Python or Java Based) should be used.

Yeah, that's a really good idea to get around the web version socket issue.

nijineko

Villager
Xy$
Yeah you could do something like that. One problem though is that vanilla JS cannot make the server run on it's own (although Node can.)

Normally HTTP is pretty slow but if you use a local server you can make it really fast. (local HTTP should be faster than remote UDP/TCP) so you might have an executable that starts up the local server and then loads up your web version.

If you want to visualize it with the graphs use the first diagram but each player has their own server instead of connecting to a common one, then treat each of those sets as a 'player' in the UDP/TCP or P2P examples.

The good thing is it doesn't matter what language the server is running on, so the most platform independent local server option (probably Python or Java Based) should be used.

Yeah, that's a really good idea to get around the web version socket issue.
I'm an idea generator, that's one of my strengths.

Sooooooo..... Any suggestions about how I might find some coder(s) who could be convinced and/or bribed to write up this sort of plugin?

Essy

Towns Guard
Xy$
Any suggestions about how I might find some coder(s) who could be convinced and/or bribed to write up this sort of plugin?
Your best bet would be to get quotes from the different communities. Different scripters will give you different rates. You can start with the classifieds section here.

If I were to go at it 9AM-5PM it would probably take me 5-7 days to create both servers with all the required functionality and the plugins to interface with the servers. So I would charge 8(hours)*11(rate)*6(days) = ~$500. This is just for the networking though. To interact with in-game actors using these plugins/servers would be another project entirely.