Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RPG Maker MV Mini-Map Plugin

RPG Maker MV Mini-Map Plugin 2.3.2

No permission to download

Odin

Villager
Xy$
I'm not a native english speaker, so sometimes I don't know if I'm being unpolite or something like this. Speacially when I don't double check. :(

I don't know if you you're a good programmer or not, but your script is really good. I have no idea how much time I'd spend to make something like this by myself.

Back to the topic, I created a new project to try to understand the crash behavior. Seems it has nothing to do with Yanfly's plugin. I mentioned Yanfly's core plugin because I saw a guy posting about it here and I'm mostly only using his and moghunter's plugins. But I managed to replicate the bug with only the map plugin installed.

[edit]

After some tinkering I made it work with my project. Also I think I fixed the issue with gabwindow mentioned before by another user.

The problem with the gabwindow is related to "Game_Interpreter.prototype.pluginCommand". I changed the way the original function was called on the alias from .apply() to .call(). Somehow it was overwriting all plugin commands used for other plugins. Not only yanfly's gabwindow was affected by this issue but moghunter's weather Ex (both use plugin command).

If you don't have any strong reason to use .apply(), I strongly recommend using .call() intead.

For the crash issue, I'll first describe how I was reproducing the error.

- I choose new game
- Save the game
- Load the save file
- Go to a map where the plugin is used. ===> null pointer crash!

I managed to make it work for me. Just removed all references to "$gameSystem.mmData.plugins" nested functions.

Also noticed that they were trying to call some empty functions. Any particular reason to call them?

I don't understand why the game is forgetting those functions though...

About the command plugin issue, I think you should consider using .call(). But, for the crash bug, I wouldn't make any change yet since nobody else is having this problem and I removed a lot of command lines, which may affect other features.
Sorry, I have the same problem, but I wasn't able to understand how to fix it. How can i remove references to
"$gameSystem.mmData.plugins"?
Thanks a lot

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
Removing them would destroy the code sadly... this plugin is deemed unusable until I can create my newer one :/ which idk it might not be too long but yea I've been "Nah" with plugins lately.

The issue is when its loading, $gameSystem.mmData can be "null" or "undefined" which causes an error, thoguht I fixed it but somehow it still messed up. best thing to do is write a new one but I've been lazy with RM coding

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
I really don't know, I don't spend much time anymore on RPG maker. At least not for another 2 weeks, hopefully I'll be able to get back into it then...

jebedaia

Villager
Xy$
Really nice work man, it's a nice plugin!!! Only one question, I'll have to draw a mini map for each map or the plugin does that automatic? Thanks!!!

skillsan

Villager
Xy$
Thanks for your works. This is a good plugins.

The issue is when its loading, $gameSystem.mmData can be "null" or "undefined" which causes an error, thoguht I fixed it but somehow it still messed up. best thing to do is write a new one but I've been lazy with RM coding
A quick fix (a litle ugly) :
The problème come to the $gameSystem.mmData.plugins functions. Just add again this part :
$gameSystem.mmData.plugins = {
mainInit: function(){},
visualsInit: function(){},
indicatorsInit: function(){},
nameInit: function(){},

mainUpdate: function(){},
visualsUpdate: function(){},
indicatorsUpdate: function(){},
nameUpdate: function(){},
}
between
295: this.refreshDraw();
and
296: $gameSystem.mmData.plugins.mainInit.call(this);

Last edited:

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
A quick fix (a litle ugly) :
The problème come to the $gameSystem.mmData.plugins functions. Just add again this part :

between

and
Thanks :) You'll be happy to know that my new version only needs to be drawn once ;) it's also going to be scrollable.

Nacura

Villager
Xy$
Hola amigo

Sabes que estaba usando tu Plugin y me gustó mucho, pero tengo un problema, que cuando escribo en las notas (<mmForceOn>) esto genera un problema al cargar el juego, por ejemplo, guardo el juego y luego cuando Voy a cargarlo, dice error y cuando recibo la nota, esta se fija y se carga. ¿Hay alguna otra manera de mostrar el mapa? ya que no encontré un tutorial en español para usar bien el mini mapa.

Saludos y gracias

<mmReqItem: 6>
<mmName: Pradera>
<mmForceOn>
<mmRegion1Color: rgba (87,143,157,1)>
<mmRegion2Color: rgba (24,90,107,1)>
<mmRegion3Color: rgba (72, 158, 216,1)>
<mmRegion4Color: rgba (21,80,93,1)>
<mmRegion5Color: rgba (111,195,254,1)>
<mmRegion6Color: rgba (29, 77, 99,1)>
<mmScale: 7>

Attachments

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
Me di cuenta de que parece que necesita un artículo y también lo muestra con fuerza al mismo tiempo. intenta eliminar la fuerza ya que la fuerza es mostrarla incluso si no tienes un objeto, estás requiriendo el elemento 6, y si no lo tienes, lo estás forzando de todos modos, creo que ese podría ser el error .

EDIT:
Por ejemplo, <mmForceOn> y <mmReqItem> pueden competir entre ellos y crear conflictos.

Nacura

Villager
Xy$
Me di cuenta de que parece que necesita un artículo y también lo muestra con fuerza al mismo tiempo. intenta eliminar la fuerza ya que la fuerza es mostrarla incluso si no tienes un objeto, estás requiriendo el elemento 6, y si no lo tienes, lo estás forzando de todos modos, creo que ese podría ser el error .

EDIT:
Por ejemplo, <mmForceOn> y <mmReqItem> pueden competir entre ellos y crear conflictos.
-------------
I thought it was the required item 6, which was the map, but erase everything and just leave the <mmForceOn> and it generates the error when loading a saved game

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
That's really odd... I'm sorry but if that didn't fix it I really have no idea :/ I'd recommend not using this until I make a new one one day, I might work a bit more on it this weekend.

DragonX7

Villager
Xy$
Sorry for the delayed post, but I just found this. I can get the minimap to show up, but I cannot get the player indicator to work.

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
That's really unusual, it should work by default. Especially since I haven't touched this code in a long time

DragonX7

Villager
Xy$
That's really unusual, it should work by default. Especially since I haven't touched this code in a long time
I was able to get the location and event dots to work, but the map scale has to be at least 1.75. I didn't want to have a huge world map, but it's no big deal. I like it a lot and will make it work. Keep up the great work with your resources!