Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RPG Maker MV Mini-Map Plugin

RPG Maker MV Mini-Map Plugin 2.3.2

No permission to download

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
In your Map Properties (right click your map, click Properties), paste this in the note area:
<unlockMap:true>

the map should now show up just fine. Alternatively, you can unlock the minimap with a plugin command (Capital letters are important)

command:
unlockMap true

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
TheUnproPro updated RPG Maker MV Mini-Map Plugin with a new update entry:

EPIC new update! Better performance, user customization, etc

Hi there, everybody! I've now updated the minimap to a much greater version. This version allows the player to completely customize the looks and feel of the minimap.

There are several new things as well! Now, you can completely stop an event from displaying by turning on a switch. More info in video or in help file!
Video:
[coming soon]
Read the rest of this update entry...

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
... and now you have me on tenterhooks, impatiently awaiting the forthcoming 2.2.1.1.1.2.3 version, which whistles 'Yankee Doodle Dandy' while pouring your tea..! A must-have; should have been part of the first version..!

No, seriously... Good stuff, lad; keep the innovations coming, and well done.

Crabs

Villager
Xy$
I saw a guy here complaining about bad compatibility with yanfly's core engine. Seems to be something about variables.

I'm also having to deal with the same issue. But I want to try fixing it. Do you have any clue about what is causing this conflict?

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
I saw a guy here complaining about bad compatibility with yanfly's core engine. Seems to be something about variables.

I'm also having to deal with the same issue. But I want to try fixing it. Do you have any clue about what is causing this conflict?
I don't even remotely understand why it'd do that. MAYBE it has to do with $gameSystem but, try putting my code above yanflys core engine

Crabs

Villager
Xy$
I wrote in bold font because I tried to show that I wanted to contribute and not ask you to fix it. But it seems the effect was exatly the opposite. My bad. Sorry.

Btw. Thank you. I'll start by checking gameSystem. If I find a decent solution I'm sharing it.

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
I wrote in bold font because I tried to show that I wanted to contribute and not ask you to fix it. But it seems the effect was exatly the opposite. My bad. Sorry.

Btw. Thank you. I'll start by checking gameSystem. If I find a decent solution I'm sharing it.
Thanks, and my apologies, I'm just really tired and apparently have lost the ability to read properly lol...

Also, sorry again for the messy code, and good luck, thanks for trying to find a solution! To be honest, I kinda suck at programming lol

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$

What is the error you're receiving ? Maybe create a support question? Either way, I may be able to help if you let me know the details.

Crabs

Villager
Xy$
I'm not a native english speaker, so sometimes I don't know if I'm being unpolite or something like this. Speacially when I don't double check. :(

I don't know if you you're a good programmer or not, but your script is really good. I have no idea how much time I'd spend to make something like this by myself.

Back to the topic, I created a new project to try to understand the crash behavior. Seems it has nothing to do with Yanfly's plugin. I mentioned Yanfly's core plugin because I saw a guy posting about it here and I'm mostly only using his and moghunter's plugins. But I managed to replicate the bug with only the map plugin installed.

[edit]

After some tinkering I made it work with my project. Also I think I fixed the issue with gabwindow mentioned before by another user.

The problem with the gabwindow is related to "Game_Interpreter.prototype.pluginCommand". I changed the way the original function was called on the alias from .apply() to .call(). Somehow it was overwriting all plugin commands used for other plugins. Not only yanfly's gabwindow was affected by this issue but moghunter's weather Ex (both use plugin command).

If you don't have any strong reason to use .apply(), I strongly recommend using .call() intead.

For the crash issue, I'll first describe how I was reproducing the error.

- I choose new game
- Save the game
- Load the save file
- Go to a map where the plugin is used. ===> null pointer crash!

I managed to make it work for me. Just removed all references to "$gameSystem.mmData.plugins" nested functions.

Also noticed that they were trying to call some empty functions. Any particular reason to call them?

I don't understand why the game is forgetting those functions though...

About the command plugin issue, I think you should consider using .call(). But, for the crash bug, I wouldn't make any change yet since nobody else is having this problem and I removed a lot of command lines, which may affect other features.

Last edited:

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
I'm not a native english speaker, so sometimes I don't know if I'm being unpolite or something like this. Speacially when I don't double check. :(

I don't know if you you're a good programmer or not, but your script is really good. I have no idea how much time I'd spend to make something like this by myself.

Back to the topic, I created a new project to try to understand the crash behavior. Seems it has nothing to do with Yanfly's plugin. I mentioned Yanfly's core plugin because I saw a guy posting about it here and I'm mostly only using his and moghunter's plugins. But I managed to replicate the bug with only the map plugin installed.

[edit]

After some tinkering I made it work with my project. Also I think I fixed the issue with gabwindow mentioned before by another user.

The problem with the gabwindow is related to "Game_Interpreter.prototype.pluginCommand". I changed the way the original function was called on the alias from .apply() to .call(). Somehow it was overwriting all plugin commands used for other plugins. Not only yanfly's gabwindow was affected by this issue but moghunter's weather Ex (both use plugin command).

If you don't have any strong reason to use .apply(), I strongly recommend using .call() intead.

For the crash issue, I'll first describe how I was reproducing the error.

- I choose new game
- Save the game
- Load the save file
- Go to a map where the plugin is used. ===> null pointer crash!

I managed to make it work for me. Just removed all references to "$gameSystem.mmData.plugins" nested functions.

Also noticed that they were trying to call some empty functions. Any particular reason to call them?

I don't understand why the game is forgetting those functions though...

About the command plugin issue, I think you should consider using .call(). But, for the crash bug, I wouldn't make any change yet since nobody else is having this problem and I removed a lot of command lines, which may affect other features.
omg thank you! It was that simple? lol from changing apply to call? Thanks so much <3

Crabs

Villager
Xy$
Just keep in mind that to use .call() you have to pass some parameters. :)

upp_miniMapCmds.call(this, command, args);

It's not like .apply() which automatically store everything in a array.

Last edited: