Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tileset I need Opinion and Ideas

Jodis

Adventurer
Xy$
rofl I know how you fell. I got my Adv Ship. and you are right it is like legos. rofl
[doublepost=1466564590,1466564386][/doublepost]
Thank you. I hope you like play Leggo, because that's exactly how this bridge/wall segments are made. I'm trying to create every possible connection. Right now I'm losing my life trying to place a diagonal stair in there without breaking the chain of the wall.
You are right. It is legos. Move this part hear, set this angle hear, this one this color. rofl lmao

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
rofl I know how you fell. I got my Adv Ship. and you are right it is like legos. rofl
[doublepost=1466564590,1466564386][/doublepost]

You are right. It is legos. Move this part hear, set this angle hear, this one this color. rofl lmao
Edit: Made this stair right now, and its nice. I'll polish it tomorrow, there are some wrong block connection bellow the stairs.

Note: I know that the wall chain near the lower stair is wrong, I made that mistake using MV.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Corrected the mess with the stair, added a new stair type. Also presenting a new tower.

Just need some epic medieval banners and some torches, and it will be cool :)

Last edited:

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
I'll try something to fix it here and post again. Thanks for pointing :)
To be honest I didn't liked this idea of using arches in these walls, I'll try to fix it with these arches, but also I'll make a new simple and plane wall.

Jodis

Adventurer
Xy$
i understand all to well. you are still doing one hell of a job. this is going to be real awsome when you are done.
[doublepost=1466666898,1466657713][/doublepost]if you take one of the pillers from the arch and put it on the side that looks off it might help.
[doublepost=1466667268][/doublepost]I tryed it just to see as a test for you.
proxy.jpg

Would have thougt of this sooner but i am haveing alergie attack today

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
i understand all to well. you are still doing one hell of a job. this is going to be real awsome when you are done.
[doublepost=1466666898,1466657713][/doublepost]if you take one of the pillers from the arch and put it on the side that looks off it might help.
[doublepost=1466667268][/doublepost]I tryed it just to see as a test for you.
View attachment 3784

Would have thougt of this sooner but i am haveing alergie attack today
Don't need to do anything, I'll start everything again. The problem was that I tried to recycle an already existing wall chain, and the angles are a total mess in there. This time I'm going to use perfect angles of 45 degrees to everything. This would make the building up the structures more easily. Thanks for the review.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Okay so I remade everything again, here is how it was done:

Better improvement in the bridge botton near the water.

Improvement in the arches. Note that there are different sized arches for both bridge and wall.

Jodis

Adventurer
Xy$
wow that i see is perfect. That is so cool
[doublepost=1466966900,1466965282][/doublepost]now with what you got i can show you. sorry dont know how to word it or type it. it is becouse of my dislexia.

proxy.png
Correct.......................Wrong

the game sets at a 45 angle

I hope this helps for other projects you have it took me some time to get. It was the 45 angle that got me confused as well. If i was there this would be so much easer on me. lol
[doublepost=1466967774][/doublepost]here is one i found on line that is set to a 45 angle took me some time to find it.
images.jpg
see the bottm it is almost strate just round a lit for the style he has
[doublepost=1466967970][/doublepost]I like both arches. i give you 5 stars.
[doublepost=1466968427][/doublepost]if you can get that first arch way right you will have done something i have not.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Thanks a lot. Angles are a trouble in this line of work, because RPG Maker MV, as any other maker, needs everything to link correctly in the template. Back in XP I complained a lot because many tilesets don't allowed flexibility to customization. Since MV uses the same limited mapping of later VX and Ace, parallax is a must for any good work, but I'll try to stick to the template as if mapping would be totally done inside the maker. Also parallax require a lot of work in order to make something nice.

My work with this stone set is almost done, now I'm doing the vertical bridge bottom together with a bridge tower and gate. After this I'm done with new buildings, and I will start polishing everything and add some minor stuff. After this, I'll close this post and release the complete work. After the Stone Set complete post, I'll start the interior work for the Stone Set.

Jodis

Adventurer
Xy$
I started with 95 didnt do much but mess with graphics tell mv cameout now i got all this experiance. lol it is hard but once you got it down it gets easer. i tryed my title door with vx but did not like the outcome and the tiles still to my likeing were too small but when i tested mv i got that one.
saw knowone was working on a ship and now it has a life of its own. lol this set is going to be a greate one.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
I'm looking foward to create interiors, since I have a job as Interior Designer, although its modern design, not medievel :) I'm thinking about mixing modern concepts of interior design to medieval. Its a total new field to me, and I'm quite happy about it.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
I know I said that I was not planning any new building, but what is a castle city without houses? So I decided to create some houses to fit the castle features of this set. Made a simple parallax as sample here. Please don't mind if the shading is wrong or something, its just a sample : )

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Thank you, I'm still new in this thing, still learning. The reason why this went nice is because almost everything is straight angles. I did some minor work with curves but they are trouble. I'm trying to create a dome here, but that is is hell, almost need mathematics scheme to create the angles for each segment of the dome. I'll have a look at your ship in your post here and talk about it there.