Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Dev Battle Contest

Should we stick to the original one game, or do one game every round

• Only one game

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • One game every round

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I threw together an ending. It is by far not the best, but it's definitely not good either XD

Troctzul

Troctzul: Father, RPG Maker, Conqueror of Worlds
Xy$
Looks like two completed. :) @Troctzul , please let me know, via PM, before uploading. Fine tuning the last few bits before the wind down of the clock.
I have it uploaded to my drive, but really not sure how to do a PM here... guess I'm still learning the ropes lol! Have to go to work, but I will get that to you as soon as possible! (tongue)

Untitled 505.png

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have it uploaded to my drive, but really not sure how to do a PM here
Click the desired member's avatar. When the box shows up, click, "Start a Conversation." The PM has started. :)
[doublepost=1460994010,1460986136][/doublepost]Reminder of when links to games must be PMed to me by:

New Zealand: 0800 hrs. (20th)
Australia: 0600 hrs. (20th)
The Philippines: 0400 hrs. (20th)
CET/Germany: 2200 hrs. (19th)
Arabia Time Zone: 2300 hrs. (19th)
UK: 2100 hrs. (19th)
Eastern US: 1600 hrs. (19th)
Central US: 1500 hrs. (19th)
Mountain US: 1400 hrs. (19th)
Pacific US: 1300 hrs. (19th)

Received Submission Links from:
@AngelAldredge
@CT_Bolt
@Troctzul
@Xyphien

Waiting for submission links from:

@LTN Games
@Minty
@samorious
@Tsukihime

Updated last 0709 hours CST on April 19th.

Last edited:

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
Yup, still though 1 day and 11hours left to go, I am starting to think we can quickly whip together enough events to make it half decent contest entry. Let's do this :)
Absolutley let's rock this out & finish what we can. (hella) This contest is really motivating. (cool)(thumbsup)
Well looks like space zombies to me, or perhaps just zombies? or maybe even alien beings, but with the theme of undead....
I'm going with Zombie outbreak. Final Answer. (glad)

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Well looks like space zombies to me, or perhaps just zombies? or maybe even alien beings, but with the theme of undead....
I'm going with Zombie outbreak. Final Answer. (glad)
Ohhhh, your first guess was much better, it's in space, a spaceship to be exact, as for zombies, well I did not want to be so predictable so my "undead" part of the theme is a bit more original.

Yes, the flashlight does use up energy, I know, no one wants to be left alone in a dark room without a damn flashlight but I had to have this mechanic in there, so you better find the recharge packs. My window pop plugin works perfect for this game btw lol

Screenshot_2.png

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
Ohhhh, your first guess was much better, it's in space, a spaceship to be exact, as for zombies, well I did not want to be so predictable so my "undead" part of the theme is a bit more original.

Yes, the flashlight does use up energy, I know, no one wants to be left alone in a dark room without a damn flashlight but I had to have this mechanic in there, so you better find the recharge packs. My window pop plugin works perfect for this game btw lol

Ahh well done sir, well done. *kudos* Gosh your game is looking so good. (cute)
May I ask which lighting plugin this is? I'm using OrangeLighting currently. Looks nice but I'm having trouble switching the light color.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I'm using Terrax Lighting which is what Orange Lighting is, the plugin author of orange lighting used Terrax script but adjusted it to work with his day/night. I just started running into performance issues, I switched from event lighting to using tiles as the light source and I get about a 20fps drop when transferring to my 78wide x 28height map. Bummer, I may have to switch back to events after spending about 30min to an hour working out the tile lighting. Ughhh, tough times being a developer lol

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
I'm using Terrax Lighting which is what Orange Lighting is, the plugin author of orange lighting used Terrax script but adjusted it to work with his day/night. I just started running into performance issues, I switched from event lighting to using tiles as the light source and I get about a 20fps drop when transferring to my 78wide x 28height map. Bummer, I may have to switch back to events after spending about 30min to an hour working out the tile lighting.
Ahhh I see, thanks for the info. (cool)(icecream)
Ughhh, tough times being a developer lol
Lol agreed. (glad) (perplexed) (hella)

Troctzul

Troctzul: Father, RPG Maker, Conqueror of Worlds
Xy$
I'm using Terrax Lighting which is what Orange Lighting is, the plugin author of orange lighting used Terrax script but adjusted it to work with his day/night. I just started running into performance issues, I switched from event lighting to using tiles as the light source and I get about a 20fps drop when transferring to my 78wide x 28height map. Bummer, I may have to switch back to events after spending about 30min to an hour working out the tile lighting. Ughhh, tough times being a developer lol
I utilized this competition to familiarize myself with the inner working of MV. Plugins are nice and all, but in my coding experience, such things should come last to prevent data corruption. Been a little rusty from inactivity over the years... (joking)

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Oh no! I still don't have nearly enough for it to be a game, oh well, at least people will get to see the mechanics and a general idea of where I'm going with it. I mean yea there is still enough time to throw stuff together but I have problems just throwing stuff together lol. I'm excited to see everyone's entry's, I also can't wait for the battles to start, exciting.

Minty

Knight
Xy$
*Fwumps over* I have the intro done, first three sprites done, HOPEFULLY I can get more done today before the deadline. But I'm submitting this no matter what.
Chars.png
Chars.png
Yeah, I know there are some ugly pixels left. I'm getting rid of those currently.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
@Minty Those sprites are looking epic! Well done.
@MinisterJay These gentle reminders of the time left to complete is making me nervous lol

I wish I could have done more for this game in the time frame I had but it is what it is. Unfortunately, everyone is going to play a game that may not make any sense at all, leave you with questions unanswered and the possibility of the "undead" not even appearing, sigh.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I'm not too stressed about it I had fun and the battles will be even more fun. My game is uploading now with only 10Minutes left to go before time is up, phew, close call lol. @MinisterJay you will be getting a link any minute now.