Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Grapes and Bow Ties! ~ Kaimen's Champagne

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Which of our candidates has answers that are just too darn long? And someone please tell this dude to use that SPOILER feature.

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Which of our candidates has answers that are just too darn long?
This has to be one of the trickiest questions I have received so far. The concept of length is very subjective and the feeling that something is too long or too short varies from individual to individual. What is a ten-page essay to the one person might be an easy read to the next person. You also need to consider what has been asked and if it is even possible to answer that question in a "short" manner. Some questions need to be answered clearly and thoroughly and that requires a few more words, naturally. People are asking us these questions because they want them answered and they want them answered honestly and conscientiously. If some people are under the impression that you want to skirt around the question with a lengthy answer then they clearly haven't read the answer well enough and were merely too lazy to pay attention to what you are saying. Being able to answer a question thoroughly shows that you are capable of abstract thinking and creative solution and that will show in your answers. However, being able to formulate matters compendiously, short and sweet if you will, shows that you can be as efficient as is needed. I'd say a good balance is the best way to go here.

Not me.

Zebestian

Resource Team
Will you, or will you not, vote for yourself in this coming election?
I will, in fact, make multiple new accounts and have them all vote for me after bribing every single member here to vote for me as well.
... Either that or I'm not gonna vote at all. Less work, y'know. XD

Zebestian

Resource Team
OH DEAR, a candidate unwilling to vote?

This is severe. I must immediately inform the press.
No, no, no need to! I have made up my mind.
You're getting my vote. Just pleaaaase don't tell the press! I don't need all that fuss right now.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There are things worse that the press. mwahahaha
[doublepost=1454614873,1454613731][/doublepost]What time is it at where you are at?

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
What movie/movies have a song titled ,"What is Love?", and what does one do when the song is played?

Side note: Time question could be THE question that decides one's vote.

Zebestian

Resource Team
What movie/movies have a song titled ,"What is Love?", and what does one do when the song is played?
I have no idea if there is even one movie out there with a song titled "What is Love"... But depending on what the song sounds like I would either burst into tears, laugh my ass off or dance joyfully. Maybe even all at once.

Side note: Time question could be THE question that decides one's vote.
Yes, because our exact position on Earth is the real determining factor here. XD

Zebestian

Resource Team
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck?
The real question is would a woodchuck chuck wood if it could chuck wood cause I don't think a woodchuck would chuck wood if it could chuck wood and even if it would and could chuck wood wouldn't it be easier to have someone hired? I mean, come on, who does things themselves nowadays anymore? :P

Eien Nanashi

Temporarily Goddamn Bright Yellow
Xy$
I'm not good at asking questions, and the same kind of question may have been asked, but hey.

A member has contributed a lot, perhaps resources, donations, or quality posts. But then suddenly this member started to harass other members (or break other rules), but still contributes. What will you do to resolve this problem?

Also, how many grapes do you eat every day?

Zebestian

Resource Team
What nickname(s) have you enjoyed?
What kind of nicknames do you mean? Real-life nicknames? Internet pseudonyms?
A member has contributed a lot, perhaps resources, donations, or quality posts. But then suddenly this member started to harass other members (or break other rules), but still contributes. What will you do to resolve this problem?
Doesn't matter how much the contributed or are still contributing. If they misbehave or break the rules, they get the same treatment as everyone else who breaks the rules. No special treatments.
Also, how many grapes do you eat every day?
At least one grape a day keeps the grumpiness away. :)

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You can do either, but real-life nicknames usually are more exciting. Real-life ones are given by those that have known, face to face.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Question based on a true story...

As a moderator, you will be faced with very nice people, which sometimes praise you for what you do around the community. Then comes a time when you find a post that should be given a caution or a small warning to make sure the topic stays in line and does not break any rules. So you do this, you leave a very nice caution/warning message with mod speak to the user you have been praised by beforehand but then the user quickly gets upset, his nice attitude towards you has does an 180-degree flip, and is breaking Rule #2 in response to your post. What would be your steps to getting this member, and these posts under control?

Second Question....
A well-known member Is creating a Farewell/Goodbye post, stating in the post that he just does not like the way the community is handling certain situations and has numerous complaints but he does not directly tell anyone in the Farewell/Goodbye post about the problems he is having.

As a staff member, we should all be a bit concerned with the issues they’re having, our community strives to better itself, losing a member that is well known can be quite an impact in our community. If you become a moderator what sort of actions would you take when a member is leaving due to the way the community is handling certain situations?

Zebestian

Resource Team
You can do either, but real-life nicknames usually are more exciting. Real-life ones are given by those that have known, face to face.
The only nicknames I ever had (and still have to some extent) are all variations of either my first name or my last name - so not really exciting. However I've always found it nicer to be called by those nicknames instead by my full first name.
As a moderator, you will be faced with very nice people, which sometimes praise you for what you do around the community. Then comes a time when you find a post that should be given a caution or a small warning to make sure the topic stays in line and does not break any rules. So you do this, you leave a very nice caution/warning message with mod speak to the user you have been praised by beforehand but then the user quickly gets upset, his nice attitude towards you has does an 180-degree flip, and is breaking Rule #2 in response to your post. What would be your steps to getting this member, and these posts under control?
Something serious again for a change, huh? Very well. :)
I'd talk to that member in private and try reasoning with them explaining them in detail why I went mod on them and see if they understand. I'd try to make up with them as well as I can. I'd tell them that me modding was not an attack on their person and I'm simply doing my job to keep things organized. I'd then see how they react and if any further actions, such as assigning warning points, would be necessary. For example when the member in question does not show any understanding for the situation and keeps on misbehaving.
Second Question....
A well-known member Is creating a Farewell/Goodbye post, stating in the post that he just does not like the way the community is handling certain situations and has numerous complaints but he does not directly tell anyone in the Farewell/Goodbye post about the problems he is having.

As a staff member, we should all be a bit concerned with the issues they’re having, our community strives to better itself, losing a member that is well known can be quite an impact in our community. If you become a moderator what sort of actions would you take when a member is leaving due to the way the community is handling certain situations?
People tend to hold back on complaints and are hesitant to bring up things that irk them most of the time. So when a member says they're leaving because of "issues" but doesn't specify what those are I'd inquire further. I'd tell them that in order to improve, and give everyone the best experience possible, we're in need of feedback from the users. If they see something that irks them they're welcome to bring that up (in a nice manner, of course) so we all can discuss about it and solve the problem. Nothing hurts more than people leaving because of problems that are not solved due to people not bringing them up. I'd always encourage members to talk about things they dislike so we can actually do something to sort that out. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.