Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

Filters 1.24

No permission to download

lmd0013

Villager
Xy$
Again, this is possible with custom Filters. The blur Filter is an example of 2 Filters being applied at once (Both blur_x and blur_y).

I'll write that tutorial now for everyone (I was in Paris for a couple of days just now so haven't been around to write it).

Here's a tutorial; http://www.rpgmakermv.co/threads/custom-filters.2066/
JS experience (and GLSL experience) highly recommended.

@lmd0013 I included a refraction shader for you within this tutorial (Refract.js)
@Detective I included an example multi-pass shader for you within this tutorial (Retro.js)

@lmd0013 To use this refraction shader as-is you need a .png texture in the Pictures folder then you need to set the JSON property of { "refractMap" : "my_texture_file" } - note the lack of .png or pictures in the name of the refract map here. Do this in the prepare stage to set the refraction texture prior to any interpolation you do.

Example;
Filter prepare refract my_filter {"refractMap":"my_picture","strength":1,"speed":{"x":0,"y":0.11}}
This should instantly begin the effect when executed (Filter execute my_filter). You can interpolate strength from 0 to 1 if you want to fade in a refraction (speed too if you want).
A good refraction image with this specific GLSL would be a near-grey noise pattern. Here's one I made for that video;

The mapping format is RGB with multiplied alpha in the B component (R, G, B * A). The B component becomes strength, RG becomes direction (with 0.5 being zero, 0.0 being -1, 1.0 being +1).
If in doubt, use the normal mapping feature of GIMP. Also, the alpha channel is important so keep that!
And finally, the texture is flipped upside-down. This is a bug in RPG Maker MV (they seem to be new to OpenGL). This can be resolved in GLSL, but I haven't done that here.

If you know all that then you can do crazy things such as;
It's
Again, this is possible with custom Filters. The blur Filter is an example of 2 Filters being applied at once (Both blur_x and blur_y).

I'll write that tutorial now for everyone (I was in Paris for a couple of days just now so haven't been around to write it).

Here's a tutorial; http://www.rpgmakermv.co/threads/custom-filters.2066/
JS experience (and GLSL experience) highly recommended.

@lmd0013 I included a refraction shader for you within this tutorial (Refract.js)
@Detective I included an example multi-pass shader for you within this tutorial (Retro.js)

@lmd0013 To use this refraction shader as-is you need a .png texture in the Pictures folder then you need to set the JSON property of { "refractMap" : "my_texture_file" } - note the lack of .png or pictures in the name of the refract map here. Do this in the prepare stage to set the refraction texture prior to any interpolation you do.

Example;
Filter prepare refract my_filter {"refractMap":"my_picture","strength":1,"speed":{"x":0,"y":0.11}}
This should instantly begin the effect when executed (Filter execute my_filter). You can interpolate strength from 0 to 1 if you want to fade in a refraction (speed too if you want).
A good refraction image with this specific GLSL would be a near-grey noise pattern. Here's one I made for that video;

The mapping format is RGB with multiplied alpha in the B component (R, G, B * A). The B component becomes strength, RG becomes direction (with 0.5 being zero, 0.0 being -1, 1.0 being +1).
If in doubt, use the normal mapping feature of GIMP. Also, the alpha channel is important so keep that!
And finally, the texture is flipped upside-down. This is a bug in RPG Maker MV (they seem to be new to OpenGL). This can be resolved in GLSL, but I haven't done that here.

If you know all that then you can do crazy things such as;
It's great!!Thank you very much!

Xilefian

Adventurer
Xy$
How do you make it have sepia. I tried your example I can not figure t out :(
Here's an example to fade into a sepia tone over 30 frames;

And here's an example to fade out-of a sepia tone over 30 frames;

Note that these are two different events! If you were to have the fade out in the same event as the fade in then it would just fade in and out sepia over 60 frames (1 second).

Explanation;
my_filter is the name you give to the effect, we use this to keep track of it between events (and over map changes, etc).
sepia is the type of effect.
{ "sepia" : 0 } with the prepare statement prepares the sepia at strength zero (no effect), this lets us fade into strength 1 with the execute statement.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Sammybeaw

Villager
Xy$
Here's an example to fade into a sepia tone over 30 frames;

And here's an example to fade out-of a sepia tone over 30 frames;

Note that these are two different events! If you were to have the fade out in the same event as the fade in then it would just fade in and out sepia over 60 frames (1 second).

Explanation;
my_filter is the name you give to the effect, we use this to keep track of it between events (and over map changes, etc).
sepia is the type of effect.
{ "sepia" : 0 } with the prepare statement prepares the sepia at strength zero (no effect), this lets us fade into strength 1 with the execute statement.

If you have any questions, please ask.
Thank you so much :)

You Clod

Villager
Xy$
I would really like to use these filters for a drunk mode.
Is it okay if I credit you? Because this is awesome.
(I´m sorry for my bad english)

Last edited:

Xilefian

Adventurer
Xy$
I would really like to use these filters for a drunk mode.
Is it okay if I credit you? Because this is awesome.
(I´m sorry for my bad english)
Yes.

Beware, this Plugin hasn't been updated for the latest version of MV so it may not work. It needs updating, I just don't have the time.

Xilefian

Adventurer
Xy$
I just found out that TerraxLighting doesn´t work anymore when I use this plugin.
Is there a way to fix this?
If re-ordering the Plugins does not work, then I'm afraid they aren't currently compatible.

As this Plugin is no longer in development, it won't be made compatible.

cdaz

Villager
Xy$
Oh it's a great Plugin.
Too bad it's not work any more (just as you warned us).
I try it on my very old project and it work with no problem but not for my new one.

So I think a only reason is because of newer version of RMMV.

Just hope you will have a time on this again someday.

Xilefian

Adventurer
Xy$
Oh it's a great Plugin.
Too bad it's not work any more (just as you warned us).
I try it on my very old project and it work with no problem but not for my new one.

So I think a only reason is because of newer version of RMMV.

Just hope you will have a time on this again someday.
I've actually got plans to write a 3D engine Plugin for MV, which would include these kinds of Filters (and be much easier to use and create your own Filters).

Right now, my studio is very busy with creating a commercial game so I have no time to play with RPG Maker MV, so it's going to be stuck in the planning stages for a while.

-ABSTRVCT-

Villager
Xy$
Plz make a video tutorial for setting up everything. When I activate the filters in the option menu I get the TypeError "Cannot read property 'execute' of null". Thank you in advance!

Xilefian

Adventurer
Xy$
Plz make a video tutorial for setting up everything. When I activate the filters in the option menu I get the TypeError "Cannot read property 'execute' of null". Thank you in advance!
This Plugin is incompatible with MV projects of version 1.3 and above. It's on my list of things to re-write and improve (read my previous post about what I have in mind).

I simply don't have the time to update, or support, however I'm currently working with theunpropro on an open-source approach to Plugin writing, which would give me more time to work on such Plugins and for other people to step in and support Plugins.

Ranmaru

Villager
Xy$
Sorry for being stupid I'm new in creating games, but how do I make background blurred (when I have a picture on the screen)?

Last edited: