Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask Amy Anything

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
That's too bad about the new pixar movie, for some reason I had a feeling it wouldn't be good.

Babysitting?! You poor thing. Is it stressful?

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
@Macro: I could kind of tell it wasn't going to be their best because of how little it was advertised (even on Disney's channels), but I was still hopeful.

Babysitting isn't too bad, as long as it's only 1-2 kids I'm watching. I was watching my little brother then, so it wasn't too bad - he's just had a bit of an attitude lately (snicker)

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
I have yet to see a Pixar movie that did I didn't like. The story was cliche and predictable in some ways, but it also caught me off guard some times. It didn't pussyfoot around about the survival of the fittest, and had some good moral lessons.

What is the best Pixar movie in your opinion?

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Looks like it's once again time for....
AMY'S SUPER MOVIE REVIEW TIME!!!

@Micro @Macro: Visually, it was a stunning movie, i.e. some shots looked like they were taken from some irl documentary, but the story felt... wonky, I guess. It's hard to explain without spoilers, so here are some spoilers in a spoiler. (snicker)

- It felt like Pixar was trying too hard to make the audience cry. The dad dying didn't work? Make him appear as a ghost later. That didn't work? Take the kid away. That didn't work? Give the dino his mark at the end.

- Speaking of the mark at the end... how exactly did he earn it? He didn't help his family out - in fact, he left them to follow this kid. He helped the kid, sure, but the family doesn't ever know about the kid. Was it a sympathy mark? Does that really count?

- The survival elements were nice, but some of it seemed like too much for the younger kids. The scars, injuries, etc. characters had, while realistic, seemed a bit cruel/too gross for them. The t-rex showing off the fang stuck in his mouth, for example, even made me uncomfortable.

- Waterfall presumably kills the giant dinosaur dad, but both the puny dinosaur and punier child survive?

- Not really a complaint, but dinosaurs that farm???

I'm glad you two like it, though! It just wasn't for me :)

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
@Kaimen makes a post and doesn't mention music. *ding*

I still have the ugly sweater, and it's getting shoved back into the closet until next year! And yes, it's super itchy ;A;

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
I assumed the weight was more crushing to the big guy than the little guys when it came to the gravity of the fall down the waterfall. His dad was also much older. What astounded ME the most was the boy's agility and strength when he looked no older than 8. Micro dubbed him "Tarzan" and I left it at that though, haha.

As for the mark, if you remember his mother was basically giving up on because the family simply can't do the work now that they lost 2 family members. When she saw Arlo returning, she thought he was her husband (his stance and gait was proud and mature), heavily hinting that her son has taken up the role as the new head of the family. His newfound roar also signified his transition from boy to man. When he made the mark, I took it as he toughened up and saved his family from starving by taking his on father's role as the Leader ("You are me, and more, Arlo").

Farming dinos was clever in my opinion, I think since it was an alt timeline they expressed some new intelligence. I didn't cry at all, it was nothing like Bambi. Micro saw it coming a mile away too haha. As for the scars and stuff I think that's just the times we live in it. Dinosaur times were pretty harsh anyways though, so it made sense to me. The whole premise of the movie was to accept what life gives and move on with strength and determination to survive

How well do you function with 2 hours of sleep in one day?

Last edited by a moderator:

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
@Macro: Eh, I get your points, though the farming thing was more "....Herbivores. They're herbivores. EAT OFF OF THE TREES." (snicker)

@Soul: Because that shit is delicious, though it destroys my mouth and I can't eat it anymore.
[doublepost=1451347127,1451338983][/doublepost]Oops! Missed a question!

@Macro: Exceptionally well, somehow. Once I got through an exam week with no sleep at all! I've been trying very hard to get better at sleeping though, lol!

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
*is desperately trying to get his post count up to 500 and doesn't know where else to post*
So, Amy, what I've been wondering for quite some time now... aside from your theme what is your favorite song composed by me? (cat)

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
How can I scroll if I can't reach the mouse or tablet? ; ~ ;
Hey, I'm supposed to ask the questions here. XD
I bet there's e-book readers or tablets with voice recognition. Maybe you can say "turn page" or "scroll down" or something.