Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Social Media Buttons Plugin

Social Media Buttons Plugin 1.7

No permission to download
Do I see correct that to use this plugin in a commercial project I need to pay for it? How much does it cost?
Yes, but this has been something that's bounced around for quite some time. It was initially going to be a few dollars, but my other half suggested donations, based on "worth", with a minimum $1. Anything above that would be bonus (most of that will go towards my hosting costs anyway). So we'll stick with that; I have yet to update it on site yet.

Aureus

Villager
Thank you for quick answer. I'm not sure when I'll use it and when I'll send you money, but can you tell me what is the payment procedure? Paypal donation? Direct money transfer?

Thank you for quick answer. I'm not sure when I'll use it and when I'll send you money, but can you tell me what is the payment procedure? Paypal donation? Direct money transfer?
Paypal is my preferred method, as it's quick and easy. We may be able to arrange something else if it's not convenient (to be honest, I've never looked into alternative payment methods). I'll implement something on the blog tomorrow after talking with my other half about it.

I would like this but I dont know how to get this in the the plugin manager please help me!
Hi Redacted. This video will help.

It's the same thing. When you open the ZIP file, either extract the CW_SocialMediaButtons.js file into a temporary folder and copy it into the plugins folder (as shown in the video) or directly into the js/plugins folder of your project. When you open the Plugin Manager it should be listed in the plugins list.

[REDACTED]

Villager
Xy$
Hi Redacted. This video will help.

It's the same thing. When you open the ZIP file, either extract the CW_SocialMediaButtons.js file into a temporary folder and copy it into the plugins folder (as shown in the video) or directly into the js/plugins folder of your project. When you open the Plugin Manager it should be listed in the plugins list.
Thank you! =3

Wow, this plugin is cool. I did like how you added buttons. Nice work, Companion Wulf :)
Thank you, Soul. :D

I'm planning on adding a few more social media buttons and options to them, plus a more dynamic layout for the disabled ones, before Version 2.0 (Final) is released.

MarisaG

Villager
Xy$
This worked fine for me and i really liked it, but then i found it was causing an error with some of my yanfly plugins. Has anyone else reported this?

Lore

Resident Dragon
This worked fine for me and i really liked it, but then i found it was causing an error with some of my yanfly plugins. Has anyone else reported this?
It could be a script positioning error. Have you tried altering the positions of the scripts in the plugin window? Due to the way MV reads the scripts, it could be reading the Yanfly Plugins after the Social Media plugin, and there could be clashes (which would explain your errors).

Try moving the Social Media plugin below your Yanfly scripts that are conflicting. I don't know if it will work, but it may do.

I haven't had any problems with it, but then I use a few of Yanfly's plugins. Could you post which ones you're using and the exact error message you get and try to apply a fix to it asap.

MarisaG

Villager
Xy$
I am literally using almost all of them and things are otherwise working without this plugin. Here is the error i am getting:

Interesting. The plugin doesn't use the trim method at all. I tested this with most of Yanfly's core plugins without any problems. During playtesting, press F8 to bring up the console and determine exactly where the stop error occurs.

OK thanks. I'll start having a look after work. Most likely Friday onwards.
[doublepost=1474484582,1474404875][/doublepost]@MarisaG I'm not able to emulate this error. I installed pretty much all of Yanfly's plugins plus the others mentioned in the error log. So I don't know. Your best bet is to disable each of the plugins, then enable them one by one and rerun MV each time to see if any stop errors occur. If they do, then that plugin may be causing the conflict. It may be possible to isolate it and serve up a "patch".