Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Share Your Desktop !

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
Haha, I need my icons! At least about 16 of them. It's just an old habit that will never die. Though, if seeing the icons are a problem, I have a simple little app that hides them for me until I click on the Desktop. ^_^

Akod

Praised Adventurer
Sometimes I feel like completely changing my desktop and installing something like rainmeter, then I remember just how lazy I really am and just change my wallpaper.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
There is a distinct lack of magical deer in your desktop. :O

But that's pretty cool, dark though! (which imo makes it even cooler)

Nestat

Villager
Xy$
...and here's mine -sorry for the low-res, monitor is broken and i've got to work on my old one :(
[Computer name: Ankhesenamun] [Programs installed: 33] [Games installed: 64]
Nice and clean ;)

[\spoiler]

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
That can always be fixed.

EDIT: btw why is your trash bin so gigantic?
because its my element

I have extra-large icons enabled is actually why. Since I'm a stickler for having a clean desktop I can get away with doing that.

Also hell yes deer is back with da magicks!

I think of all the Undertale bosses muffet was my favourite mechanically and character-wise.

Also Spider Dance is by far the catchiest song in that OST.

Eien Nanashi

Temporarily Goddamn Bright Yellow
Xy$
I even had to clean it up a bit.
It was full of messy images because I save all of my images on the desktop. And downloads, sometimes.
As you can see they're all in a bunch of folders.

I took the screenshot just now and I was in a Skype group call in an RM chat. XD

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
You can hate me for having these two as bg but god I love them so much(cry) And the art is so beautiful. I can calm down working with this tho...
I actually should get rid of this sims 4 thing... Seeing all your screens here makes me wanna clean up my desktop but too lazy(sleep)

Akod

Praised Adventurer
A solid six months since the last desktop was shared. Time to bump this back to the top.

Since my last post I changed a whole 3 icons and the wallpaper. It was rough, I almost didn't make it.

hbn

Towns Guard
Xy$
No icons because icons are now messy and redundant with the new taskbar/dock that was introduced with Windows 7. Tiles pick up everything else.... even though getting to my libraries is now two clicks extra. Thanks Microsoft for removing a useful feature.

Was tempted to put Rainmeter back on but I CBA... especially since I play games that switch to a lower resolution that screws up the layout. I know I could just close it but that's just an extra thing to have to do. I'd also be tempted to mess about with msstyles and uithemes if Windows 10 didn't feel so temperamental so many times.

Mysiath

the Eternal Lord in the Nothingness
Xy$
The Eternal Lord commands this thread to be resurrected!

My desktop is usually filthy and cluttered at the end of every month, where I try and gather my lazy self and clean it up as best as I could, and then look for a new wallpaper or use a old one that I've used before.

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
Here you go ...

As can be seen, I'm rather of a 'minimalist' temperament. The shortcuts I use are in folders, by category; shortcuts to these folders are placed on the Desktop. No clutter, no fuss, and I find everything simply, easily and quickly. As an aside, in case of installation of Windows, my stuff is not stored in 'My Documents', but on external USB drives. That way, a formatting of the System disk doesn't lose me anything. My System drive contains only the System; my personal Data is stored elsewhere (and backed up regularly...).
The 'wallpaper' picture changes each month, as it's proposed by the winner of a Composition Challenge each month as subject for the next month's Challenge. Last month there were two joint winners, so I edited the two pictures to combine them into one. It will change next week-end when this month's Challenge is voted on, and a new winner proposes another picture as subject. If it wasn't for that, I'd have no picture at all, but I like to cogitate on what to compose, and so keep it in front of me.
That's all.

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Not quite sure why, but when looking at your desktop I looked at all the face icons, then my gaze moved down and I saw Isaac staring at me crying and it made me chuckle. I think it's because it's just so out of place.
Well, if isaac stopped crying he couldn't fight with his tears anymore and the game would become lame :D