Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Script / Plugin Requests

Status Gear Entertainment

Praised Adventurer
Edit: Remember that some of these requests were requested prior to the software launch. If you see a script that exists that's in the request, please be sure to let us know right away! ^_^

Hello everyone, StatusGearEntertainment here. Not sure if this is the correct topic to put this in here but it is a request for a script resource. In fact, I think I'll just make this the archive of user made scripts so that everyone won't have to look all over the place for scripts. Testing out the new RMMV that just came out, there will obviously be many requests from people so this seems beneficial for us all. ^_^

Script / Plugin Requests These are scripts that don't exist yet and are requested by someone.
1. More than 4 Party Caterpillar
RMMV uses a caterpillar system that allows up to 3 characters to follow your main character. Script requests to have more than 3 characters follow you.
2. HMode7
RMMV uses a standard 2D map that you get to travel around in. Script requests for a 2.5D mode that makes the graphics stand up and out.​

3. Android/iOS Deployment
RMMV has support for Android and iOS products. However, it is not as flexible and simple as some have thought. Scripts requests to make the Android/iOS support friendlier.
4. Face to Bust
RMMV uses faces along with text. Script requests adjustment for a larger picture from a face into a bust size instead.
5. Event Rotation
RMMV allows you to edit events in many ways, however one thing it doesn't is rotate graphics such as directional fixing an event and spinning the event around graphically, it has to be done by creating the graphics for spinning. Script requests to allow spinning fixed graphics as a command.
6. Action Battle System
RMMV two types of battle systems, a side scroller and a picture battle system. Script requests a ABS for RMMV. (i.e. Legend of Zelda ABS)
7. Show Enemy HP Bars
RMMV allows you to fight enemies and kill them but can't really tell how much life they actually have until they die or you find some way around it. Script requests to display enemy HP Bars to be able to tell how much life is left on an enemy on map or side scroller battlefield.
9. Dynamic Lighting Effects
RMMV allows you to mess with the screen tinting and smaller methods to create light effects. Script / Plugin requests that there be a more flexible, dynamic and effective lighting type of effects.
10. Remove Project Title
RMMV has multiple areas that display your project name. Script / Plugin requests to remove these.
11. Skip Title
RMMV has the title screen that displays when you first launch the game. Script / Plugin requests to skip over this title screen.
12. Equalizer
RMMV allows you to play background music of all kinds but what about a fun equalizer display that plays on the sides? Script / Plugin requests a simple, customizeable equalizer that displays on screen displaying the current background music.
13. Shining Force Battle System
Script / Plugin requests to have a RMMV battle system similar to the Shining Force game series.
14. Force Minimum Damage
Script / Plugin requests to set a minimum damage any enemy/player can be given such as 0, 1, etc. when given the opportunity.​

15. State Graphics
Script / Plugin request state graphics like the Victor Engine have for VX Ace.​

Script /Plugin That Exist These are scripts that do exist and are here below.
1. Pixel By Pixel Movement Here
2. 8 Way Movement Here
3. Change Max Battlers and Followers Here
4. Weapon Sprites Enhanced Here
5. Side Scrolling Active Enemies Here
6. Battle Voices (It's a pre-order dlc, anyone have a link let me know)

If you guys have script request ideas make sure to share below so I can add on to this! Let's build a giant archive of new user made scripts! <3

By the way for those who are interested in knowing parameters about RMMV:
1. Icon
30x30 Solid Base Color
1px Stroke Border, Outside
1px Inner Glow, Screen, 100%, #FFF, 0 Spread
35% Black/White, Darken, Linear, Reverse, 90 Degrees

Last edited:
By pixel by pixel movement do you mean by Pokemon movement system? If so might can help with that I dont actively use JS alot anymore but I do use GML alot and its pretty much a even more user friendly version of JS and i have a movement script that could either be slightly altered to do so

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
By pixel by pixel movement do you mean by Pokemon movement system?
Pokémon has a pixel by pixel movement? I thought he meant something similar to Chrono Trigger when you can make small step like in an action game or like Legend of Mana and 3D style plateformer :O

Praised Adventurer
Pokémon has a pixel by pixel movement? I thought he meant something similar to Chrono Trigger when you can make small step like in an action game or like Legend of Mana and 3D style plateformer :O
I do. They have it for RMXP. They have a script which has both the 8 way directional movement and the pixel by pixel movement are combined. Very flexible script too. With permission I'd like you guys an example of the RMXP version.

@Kraven Added! ^u^

Erie

Villager
Xy$
For the more than 4 caterpillar you can go to rpg_objects.js and use Ctrl+F search for maxBattleMembers and on where it says "return 4;" change the value to change the max battlers and the caterpillar line increases too. But its a little bit messy on the battle screen when there is more than 5 when sideview. :3

Praised Adventurer
For the more than 4 caterpillar you can go to rpg_objects.js and use Ctrl+F search for maxBattleMembers and on where it says "return 4;" change the value to change the max battlers and the caterpillar line increases too. But its a little bit messy on the battle screen when there is more than 5 when sideview. :3
This is a very helpful and noted post. Not just for me but for everyone. Thank you! *u*

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
5. Pixel By Pixel Movement
RMMV moves like all the other RPG Makers in a grid system. Script requests that the character movement is counted by the pixels and not the grid. This includes events are not controlled by the main character.
Already a plugin available for pixel movement by Hudell here.

5. 8 Way Movement
RMMV moves like all the other RPG Makers in a grid system. Script requests that the character movement available to move in all 8 directions with the standard front directions and diagonal directions.
As well as an 8 dir movment here

Reven

Towns Guard
Xy$
Here's a hopefully simple one... A plugin to add text code to map display names. I wanted to have the main character's house have their name (Name will be chosen by the player) display, but the codes don't work yet.

Here's a hopefully simple one... A plugin to add text code to map display names. I wanted to have the main character's house have their name (Name will be chosen by the player) display, but the codes don't work yet.
You can do that through events i think you used to be able to ...might have to look into it

dcsant

Knight
Xy$
"RMMV has support for Android and iOS products. However, it is not as flexible and simple as some have thought. Scripts requests to make the Android/iOS support friendlier."

What do you mean by 'flexible'?

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
Thanks :) Hope you don't mind but I used your code to learn how to change the parameters within the built in code of the game its been most helpful for someone only starting java in college :)
No problem! remember that java is not javascript. java is to javascript as ham is to hamster, only the first letters of the name is the same.