Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Screenshot Thread: Ready and Deady!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some amazing looking game shots here. Gonna watch development for sure.

I have some screenies somewhere online, but none actually in-game yet. The storyline hasn't even started yet, let alone gameplay! Haha!

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Before my break, i had to do a naming screen demonstration for my Earthbound-based fangame.
You don't have a "don't care" option? I'm disappointed. :D
But I'm surprised at how much this looks like Mother. Not so much EarthBound, but Mother. I've also looked at some of the shots on your blog and... well, yes the Mother vibes are big (I feel like I could've worded that better...)! Are you gonna use tilesets that resemble the EarthBound style? Or are you gonna stick with the default ones?

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
dont be fooled by cute cats and me going crazy with lighting effects
its going to be a drama-filled horror game at some point.
also, most of the RTP tiles and such is going to get replaced at some point... hopefully

I like how this is looking. Reminds me a little of Mr Big T's games.

Also I like cats so this already wins all the gold stars.

Here's a silly thing I did for an April Fools joke in 2014.
Fantastical unrealistic game about me becoming the World's Hero. Andi broached the idea, I made it into an April Fools joke.

Wimpbox

Towns Guard
You don't have a "don't care" option? I'm disappointed. :D
But I'm surprised at how much this looks like Mother. Not so much EarthBound, but Mother. I've also looked at some of the shots on your blog and... well, yes the Mother vibes are big (I feel like I could've worded that better...)! Are you gonna use tilesets that resemble the EarthBound style? Or are you gonna stick with the default ones?
I have to make isometric tilesets, the rtp things are placeholders and test things for now.

Ngaboru

Villager
Xy$
Here is my starting map. I try to make everything with the built in tilesets. No 3rd party resource. No parallax either, I'm not skilled enough for that. What do you think? (Oh and that dog puppy is just running around and barks when you interact with it :D )Starting Place.png

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Looking for some feedback on this conversion I made for the ace rural farm tileset into MV. Personally I'm happy with the way it looks but I would also like to hear some feedback on how it turned out from someone's eyes that aren't mine.
Comparison.png

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
In my opinion: The giant log (it's as long as the tree stands and looks odd right there) and the rocktrio (seems too cramped over there) seem out of place to me. The patch of high grass by the upper left tree also seems a little bit too squarish. Other than that I like it all. ^_^

Last edited:

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
What do you think about the actual tile quality. I used a image resizer that I found to be the best one yet and I was looking for feedback on the difference of quality with 32x32 compared to 48x48, do you notice any blur, degredation, glitches in the tiles themselves ?

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
@LTN Games Oh, very sorry! Why yes, I did notice some blurriness and loss of pixel sharpness. The green on the low grass also looks brighter on the MV version and strains my eyes a bit.

@PandaMaru *Whistles* Man, that's amazing. Those are some beautiful tiles.

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
@Ngaboru Looks good. Certainly better than anything I ever came up with. :)

@PandaMaru I love, love, love the nature tileset you made. The map has some weirdly placed things though. I mean, what's with the dead tree that's growing on the edge of a cliff? :P
Just kidding. For a map to show off the tiles, it couldn't be better. ^_^

PandaMaru

Local Hero
Xy$
@Kaimen | ;D It is possible that trees grows at the edge of a cliff... But you are right. Some pixels higher would look better (but the grid don't allow that without losing a complete tile).

Thank you all. :)

@LTN Games | Sorry, I don't like the entire DLC, so I can't say anything about it.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
@PandaMaru Your map is looking great I love the tiles so much. Also as for the rural tileset, the more I go through it the more small things I find that were made poorly. I'm starting to not like this tileset so much and may end up switching but who knows, it's a big decesion.

@Macro Thank you for pointing that out.

New to this but it seems fun so I thought I'd join in:

I made some massive RTP edits which I think look great but I'm terrible at sticking them together, I can't make a decent town, maybe I'll release them. >.< I'd urm, put it into a spoiler... but urm, I don't know how...

Last edited:

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
@JustSomeone123 These are very well done map they give off a nice overall feeling, the fog is nice and the light rays aren't too bright, just right. There really is not much I can say about them other than good things. So keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.