Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Official Skype Group

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Can we all just chillax a moment and take the time to appreciate the fact that David Bowie was one of the greatest glam rock artists out there and the world is now an absolutely worse place without him?

Also, Genbairu is my Skype. I don't use it much because no one I know really talks to me through it for whatever reason. But hey, add me! Just put something in the massage to show that your from rmmv forums so I don't deny\block on impulse of not expecting a Skype invite. O.o
*puts her David Bowie playlist on shuffle* Hail to the king, man. (cool)

I added you as a contact, and I can get you added in whenever. Added! :)

A question about the skype group: is there a way to leave and rejoin as needed? sometimes I'm busy and don't want to see the constant message notifications of the group lol.
(link removed - PM me if you'd like it (heart))

It's a relatively quiet chat, but if notifications are a concern, I'd suggest right-clicking on the conversation, and turning off Notification Settings à la:

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
NIXON'S BACK, BABY! AROOOOOO!!!

Now that I'm back in, I'll give infants to zoo's to use as meat! I'll barge into people's houses and mess up the place, bwahahahahaha!

No but really I won't do any of that.

Akod

Praised Adventurer
I could probably generate you a link, but there hasn't been a post in the chat in over a month, so you aren't missing much by not being a part of it right now.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Inactivity seems to be a trend with a lot of Skype chats lately, huh. Most I've been in have either moved to a different platform, or went silent completely.
Fuck that monkey, he's such a terrible.
He's an acquired taste. (right)

>>> I really don't use Skype now, but I made you guys a Discord server if any of you want to try it. (It's a lot like Skype, but with slightly different features.) You don't have to download or sign up for anything to check it out, so feel free to drop by and yell at me. <<<

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I pretty much stopped with all skype chats, not because of their inactivity but because I've grown to hate skype quite a bit.
>>> I really don't use Skype now, but I made you guys a Discord server if any of you want to try it. (It's a lot like Skype, but with slightly different features.) You don't have to download or sign up for anything to check it out, so feel free to drop by and yell at me. <<<
I have discord, I don't use it because I don't have anyone on it, but it's a much better client than skype, it's fast and lightweight. I may sign up to this new server soon.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
For me, Skype just crashes so much. I can barely look at recent messages without it quitting on me.

I dunno. Discord pretty much won me over when it added a friends list feature.

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
Agreed, Skype stinks. So bloaty, prefer a lightweight chat program. This "Discord" sounds kind of cool, actually. Too bad you need a server. I don't like servers. That's why I don't use IRC anymore. Though Mibbit is kind of nice..I'd prefer it over using someone else's sever, however.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Well, they call it a server, but it's basically the same thing as a Skype chat group. Here's a screenshot ^^

On the far left are different servers/chats I'm on, the panel next to it shows the different rooms of the server I'm currently looking at, next to that is the chatroom itself, and then the members list is on the far right. :)

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
Yeah should probably make that in another thread though, this thread's for the Official Skype Group not other people's chat rooms. Good idea for a new thread though! @MinisterJay where are ya. ^_^

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Even I've started using dicksword over skype, and I've managed to shuffle my whole collective there via some clever social engineering. Boy is it great!