Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name one thing that you added to your MV Project today

Well, since Otherworld is now officially for MV, I can now contribute to this thread. I added (converted) the entire Title Screen and ported the graphics for Anna, Jack and Swan over. And today I'll finish with the Title Screen and make a start on converting the Karma script I did for the VXA project.

Tomorrow, I'll start reconstructing the main intro (and first map) based on Otherworld's new plot direction.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Added 'Mysterious Creature' to Battle Encounters.

fly_09.png Battler by Thalzon

Last edited:

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Got a few little dungeon maps done and added the Terrax Lighting plugin for the mood lighting inside of the dungeon. I also added some of Yanfly's plugins.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Kaimen, I love how the light stops at the top of each wall, and does not go beyond it. Those are some really good light effects, especially how the light creeps slightly around the corner, with the angel statue.

Zebestian

Resource Team
@Kaimen, I love how the light stops at the top of each wall, and does not go beyond it. Those are some really good light effects, especially how the light creeps slightly around the corner, with the angel statue.
I had to do a little tweaking since the plugin seems to be very basic in its functionality - meaning it can't do "intelligent" lighting. I used map regions to block the light from going through the walls, used relatively small areas that are being lit and used the light cone function for the torches where the map region method wouldn't work properly. Once you get the hang of it, it can look pretty pretty though. :)

Khayalan

Towns Guard
Xy$
I had to do a little tweaking since the plugin seems to be very basic in its functionality - meaning it can't do "intelligent" lighting. I used map regions to block the light from going through the walls, used relatively small areas that are being lit and used the light cone function for the torches where the map region method wouldn't work properly. Once you get the hang of it, it can look pretty pretty though. :)
Hey @Kaimen i use that Plugin too but in my case everything is black around the light of the torches not just "grayer". Can you help me ?

Last edited:

Zebestian

Resource Team
Hey @Kaimen i use that Plugin too but in my case everything is black around the light of the torches not just "grayer". Can you help me ?
The function is a little hidden in the help text but you can tint the screen any colour your like just by simply putting an event with the plugin command Tint Set #333333 or whatever colour you'd like to have your screen. The example here's the one I'm using. Set your event to parallel process and boom - no more pitch black rooms. ^_^

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Changed the walls from regular to those in the Sci-Fi setting. Also changed the moving floors from modern to futuristic. Trying to do some mechanical voice acting today too. :)

Finished updating the Title Screen (need to tweak the menu for touch screen though), two maps and Swan's final charset and profile graphics. Tweaked the walking animations too.

Got a few little dungeon maps done and added the Terrax Lighting plugin for the mood lighting inside of the dungeon. I also added some of Yanfly's plugins.
LOVE this lighting effect!

Luninareph

Villager
Xy$
Ran the story all the way up through all the maps I've done this week and made three complicated skillsets functional. Also added a squintillion enemies to populate said maps; phew! Testing it all out right now, then sending it to my friend for playtesting!

Today's (yesterday's now) add: Update Title Screen with animated profile, fixed TouchInput menu thingy (only to find another bug), completed Swan's full character set. And, of course, my holiday is over so it's back to work, so updates will be frustratingly few and far between again.

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
I didn't do anything either XD But I showed my sis a few things in mv and we played a lot with the character maker. Actually I thought of a new plot too

Luninareph

Villager
Xy$
Fixed a gamebreaking bug pertaining to TP... it took an annoying and inelegant workaround, but w/e, the game's playable again! Added new enemies, new attacks, new equipment, new NPCs, new sidequests, a new character... today was very productive :D