Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name one thing that you added to your MV Project today

Luninareph

Villager
Xy$
Yesterday I did a bunch of storytelling dialogue, constructing the initial scaffold of storytelling enough to get from place to place. Today, I give it to my friend to test out for me! Here's hoping it doesn't break immediately into a thousand buggy pieces XD;

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Oh today I added a twist to the intro, making the player's choices effect the playstyle of that character. xP This will change which weapons they can use based on their preferences.

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
I added a personalized skill tree. What I need is a Chinese inspired tileset, can't find any. :/
What kind of Chinese style? Maybe try looking for something involving the "Three Kingdoms"? There's usually a lot of fan stuff there. If not, lemme know what style it should fit and I'll see if I can make some of what you need xP

Also I just added some more side missions in my project.

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
Started working on a new forest map, finally. Going to make a little puzzle that's needed to solve in order to escape a little forest clearing with no exit.

Boy Who Codes

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
What kind of Chinese style? Maybe try looking for something involving the "Three Kingdoms"? There's usually a lot of fan stuff there. If not, lemme know what style it should fit and I'll see if I can make some of what you need xP
Yes, anything that has to do with Ancient China as tilesets. Something like this:

In art style, for that matter. I don't want fan made tilesets because by then I can't sell it. I want something that's unique and that I can sell. I can't find anyone who can make the tilesets as well for that matter.

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Yes, anything that has to do with Ancient China as tilesets. Something like this:

In art style, for that matter. I don't want fan made tilesets because by then I can't sell it. I want something that's unique and that I can sell. I can't find anyone who can make the tilesets as well for that matter.

That looks quite a bit like the ROTK game style. Tilesets like that would take awhile but I'd certainly give it a go xP and you'd be able to use em to sell in then heh. I'll see if I can get some Chinese references and work on some this week sometime. You can pm me with the exact items you'll be needing, as that will make it easier xP (Ground, trees, buildings, etc.)

Today I added in a new set of characters for the npc's variety.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Okay so I never worked on my game today, or yesterday due to working on some maps for Xyphien. It's been awhile since I posted here so I still got a ton done to SQ, like 90% of the bugs found by the beta testers, I also added 4 new maps( homes) and I also tweaked some plugins etc. Also for the RT I created 2 more plugins, now I have a total of 3, with a couple unfinished ones that may not make the cut.

Luninareph

Villager
Xy$
I added story, SO MUCH STORY, and did tons of testing to make sure none of the sequences bugged out partway through. Oh man, there was a lot to fix XD; But I think I got it to a point where it's not going to break, and I gave it to my friend to playtest!

Chaos17

Towns Guard
Xy$
Today, I made the re-designed the item menu and the style/feeling (sorry for my english) is a little too different from my main menu -.-

Main menu done earlier this month

I think, when I'm done with the database for chapter 1 (50-60% done), I will do all the menu in one go so they will have more chance to be in the same style/feeling, imo.

Ravani Lestari

Towns Guard
Xy$
Today, I made the re-designed the item menu and the style/feeling (sorry for my english) is a little too different from my main menu -.-

Main menu done earlier this month

I think, when I'm done with the database for chapter 1 (50-60% done), I will do all the menu in one go so they will have more chance to be in the same style/feeling, imo.
Question: In this pic, how did you add the scroll arrows in the bottom right? I definitely could use this for the equipment skill learn tab.

Luninareph

Villager
Xy$
I added two new characters and their classes, fixed the bugs my friend found (I think,) made some more of my world map, and started work on a new port town!

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I created 7 more maps for my town, every building now has a map that can be explored, they are all 2 level houses, the main floor and a basement, they all have a living room & bedroom. All that needs to be done is the lightmaps, which should only take an hour to make.

polar_fawkes

Towns Guard
I created 7 more maps for my town, every building now has a map that can be explored, they are all 2 level houses, the main floor and a basement, they all have a living room & bedroom. All that needs to be done is the lightmaps, which should only take an hour to make.
good job brotha! quick question, is there a tutorial on light-mapping? my game is open world with a real-time day/night cycle, that could be a really cool thing to incorporate if it doesnt take too much memory :D

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
good job brotha! quick question, is there a tutorial on light-mapping? my game is open world with a real-time day/night cycle, that could be a really cool thing to incorporate if it doesnt take too much memory :D
Let's try and stay on topic(wink) I'll PM you the details, it may be different than what you're thinking.

Dialogue tree basics. Now I need to do combat system basics!
That damn dialogue tree (furious), glad you got it worked out.

I also attempted to start my JS plugin tutorials today, I got through one sentence then erased and stopped because I need to plan it out first, so I decided to start writing out a small to-do list for my tutorials.
Ever since this topic started I noticed that I actually do quite a bit of things in the run of a day. Thanks again for creating this topic lol

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am working on some more of the different classes. Done one path a player can enter into the Sacred Monastery. What makes this monastery different is that within the same belief system, two of the three paths lead to being a Disciple. One is Disciple of the Light, and the Other is Disciple of the Dark. There are not opposite of each other in belief structures, they just focus on different elements of the same faith.