Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Dev Battle Contest

Should we stick to the original one game, or do one game every round

• Only one game

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • One game every round

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Micro

Dragon Goddess
I might enter with @Macro, but my Mom is in the hospital (hopefully coming home this week!) so I'm not sure how much time we'll be able to dedicate to it.

I'll let you know if we decide to join for sure :)

so basically, it doesnt matter how long the game is? or if it's unfinished? o: (I'm pretty sure I read that it doesnt matter but I'm just double checking haha)

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
so basically, it doesn't matter how long the game is? or if it's unfinished? o: (I'm pretty sure I read that it doesn't matter but I'm just double checking haha)
You may submit the game in any condition that it will be in, short, long, unfinished or finished, this is all for fun, the only thing it may affect is your score when voting time comes around.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Awesome, I'm happy we are getting so many contestants, I'm also glad you have some steam keys for prizes, you can PM me with the detials and I'll make sure everything is updated properly. Thank you for the pizes and for signing up, you've added to the fun factor(cheeky)

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Here are some times of when the Battling Contestants will be locked in:

New Zealand: 0800 hrs. (13th)
Australia: 0600 hrs. (13th)
The Philippines: 0400 hrs. (13th)
CET/Germany: 2200 hrs. (12th)
Arabia Time Zone: 2300 hrs. (12th) Thx @Xyphien
UK: 2100 hrs. (12th)
Eastern US: 1600 hrs. (12th)
Central US: 1500 hrs. (12th)
Mountain US: 1400 hrs. (12th)
Pacific US: 1300 hrs. (12th)

Some of these may be off. The clock will stop in a little under 2 1/4 hours from this post.

Last edited:

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Yea, since @Xyphien cached the site, the countdown timer remains still. There is a link you can check out and it updates properly, you can see it here.
http://www.pending.me.uk/cd/bla_1460491200.png
I will update the OP to reflect this.
Fix one thing... and another thing breaks... *sighs*

Here are some times of when the Battling Contestants will be locked in:

New Zealand: 0800 hrs. (13th)
Australia: 0600 hrs. (13th)
The Philippines: 0400 hrs. (13th)
CET/Germany: 2200 hrs. (12th)
UK: 2100 hrs. (12th)
Eastern US: 1600 hrs. (12th)
Central US: 1500 hrs. (12th)
Mountain US: 1400 hrs. (12th)
Pacific US: 1300 hrs. (12th)

Some of these may be off. The clock will stop in a little under 2 1/4 hours from this post.
Arabia Time Zone: 2300 hrs. (12th)

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Countdown has ended. In the first round there will be four battles. The brackets are similar to sports, or even robo-wars. Each contestant was assigned a random number for seed selection.

Match 1: @Minty vs. @samorious
Match 2: @LTN Games vs. @AngelAldredge
Match 3: @Troctzul vs. @CT_Bolt
Match 4: @Tsukihime vs. @Xyphien

Second Round:
Match 5: Winner of Match 1 vs. Winner of Match 4
Match 6: Winner of Match 2 vs. Winner of Match 3

Last Round:
Match 7: Winner of Match 5 vs. Winner of Match 6 (determines 1st and 2nd Places).
Match 8: Loser of Match 5 vs. Loser of Match 5 (determines 3rd Place).

Theme: It's an Undead Life. Various Options: The hero/heroine is undead. The major quest giver is undead. One vital party member is undead. The game could be RPG, but it could also be FPS shooter-style. Let your imaginations shine.

Last edited:

Troctzul

Troctzul: Father, RPG Maker, Conqueror of Worlds
Xy$
Countdown has ended. In the first round there will be four battles. The brackets are similar to sports, or even robo-wars. Each contestant was assigned a random number for seed selection.

Match 1: @Minty vs. @samorious
Match 2: @LTN Games vs. @AngelAldredge
Match 3: @Troctzul vs. @CT_Bolt
Match 4: @Tsukihime vs. @Xyphien

Second Round:
Match 5: Winner of Match 1 vs. Winner of Match 4
Match 6: Winner of Match 2 vs. Winner of Match 3

Last Round:
Match 7: Winner of Match 5 vs. Winner of Match 6 determines 1st and 2nd Places.
Match 8: Loser of Match 5 vs. Loser of Match 5 determines 3rd Place.

Theme: It's an Undead Life. Various Options: The hero/heroine is undead. The major quest giver is undead. One vital party member is undead. The game could be RPG, but it could also be FPS. Let your imaginations shine.
FPS!? Lol I'm sure that has to be done now

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The contest game can be shooter, RPG, puzzle based, board game, etc. As long as it has the elements mentioned, it will work.

Last edited:

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Well, I was so excited to start a game, I created a new project and drew a blank, this is devastating lol How is everyone else doing? I know it's still really early but you never know we may have some hardcore developers in here. Anyway, I updated the OP with the new countdown, good luck everyone!