Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banner Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoof

Knight
Xy$
Oh dear god.. no offense but that... no.. no no.. it's that horrible heavy metal vibe... i question why RMW even went with that... does not fit with the RPG maker series.. reminds me of heavy metal...

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Wait... you.. dislike the stone look?
That's all i was going for... i thought the stone effect.. ugh.. why am i even bothering trying this?
Can i withdraw my submissions?
I'm going to lose anyhow...
It's not the stone look, it's the Bevel. You can turn off the Bevel, and turn the text into an image, then hit it with some dodge on the top, and Burn on the bottoms to create a more in-depth look than the bevel :)
[doublepost=1444728201,1444728126][/doublepost]

I try one too ^^
I like this :) You should try putting "RPGMaker MV" rather than RM MV Forums, to see how that looks as we're not 'only' a forum :) But also a resource site, and I'm planning on adding a lot more to the site to make it not 'just' a forum :D

PandaMaru

Local Hero
Xy$
I like this :) You should try putting "RPGMaker MV" rather than RM MV Forums, to see how that looks as we're not 'only' a forum :) But also a resource site, and I'm planning on adding a lot more to the site to make it not 'just' a forum :D
Problem with that > it would look exactly like the origin, so you better take the original one (if there is no problem with the copyright).
I can make it, but I think I can only make a low copy.

Have you some sort of real logo only for this community? A symbol? A theme?
It would be easier to make something fitting with some clues. :3

@TheGoof
Yeah, i agree. I think they look for something that fits with medieval AND future. MV comes with both the same time - that's new in the series.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Problem with that > it would look exactly like the origin, so you better take the original one (if there is no problem with the copyright).
I can make it, but I think I can only make a low copy.

Have you some sort of real logo only for this community? A symbol? A theme?
It would be easier to make something fitting with some clues. :3

Edit: The link has been solved as we're not going to be using that theme, and keeping with this one for now.

Last edited:

TheGoof

Knight
Xy$
I dunno.. my stuff is still there if anyone wants to vote... i think it would fit with the .. ye old written book theme.
When you say bevel.. you mean the effect that makes it pop?
The stone would look weird without that pop..
If that's the case.. it sounds like a plain black hand written font with no colors or styles would fit best with that theme you're "hell bent" on.

Last edited:

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Let's all get back on topic shall we :D Anyone made any new banners as of lately? :)

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I tried and tried and have just not been happy with I got at all, it's surprisingly hard to make something nice inside such a small space. I did one using the MV wallpapper but that probably wont be allowed to be used as a banner here due to legal stuff and I personally don't like it . I will show you it anyways lol. I'll be back with something different before the last day of contest.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Might not be the most imaginative, and probably breaking some Trademark Laws, but RADIO EDIT, the Japan version of the RMMV logo just looks better!
View attachment 83
I did something similar at one point.

Problem is, it needs to be more horizontal and only be 250x50.
These are very nice, but if they are not made by you 100% it's probably breaking copyright/trademark laws/regulations. So sadly, we won't be able to feature these in the banner contest. They are both extremely good though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.