Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Banner Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoof

Knight
Xy$
I tried another color scheme.

My next ones won't look anything like that.
Going to try a different approach with the next one.
And here it is

I went with a ... midevil fantasy look with this one.
If you're wondering "why the gold MV?".
It's because it's the ONLY thing about the RPG Maker MV banner for the software that i feel fits.. while the rest of it comes off as ... heavy metal.. ish.
I don't mind it, it looks cool.. but it just does not scream "RPG Maker" to me...

Last edited:

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!

OKAY, I REALLY LIKE THIS ONE.

It might be because I personally have a boner for that font but dang nab it I'm voting for it come the 18th, unless someone shoots it out of the pond...

Or if I'm allowed to vote for my own banner.

Heh.

TheGoof

Knight
Xy$
If you're curious, this is how it looks up close.

As you can see, i made a stone look for RPG Maker.
MV i tried to make it look MORE like it's actually made of gold.

TheGoof

Knight
Xy$
>_< lol
Money for what?
This work is free of charge.
Though i do wish the folks who're working on the translation of MV would have let the community take part in deciding a logo banner.. what evs...
Or hell, let the community pitch in.
But they seem so high and mighty and ... never mind... i been through a lot over at RMW....

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Never seen those graphics before, unless you did a quick replica of TheGoof's to test them out.
I removed the Bevel/Emboss from them pretty much. I made a replica to test how it'd look without the Bevel/Emboss. Ever since I started graphics, Bevel/Emboss has always been that one thing that I didn't care for :/

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
I removed the Bevel/Emboss from them pretty much. I made a replica to test how it'd look without the Bevel/Emboss. Ever since I started graphics, Bevel/Emboss has always been that one thing that I didn't care for :/
Don't worry about that. At least I know it was for testing purpose mostly, despite your taste. After all, everyone has their right to express their own opinion ^^

TheGoof

Knight
Xy$
Wait... you.. dislike the stone look?
That's all i was going for... i thought the stone effect.. ugh.. why am i even bothering trying this?
Can i withdraw my submissions?
I'm going to lose anyhow...

TheGoof

Knight
Xy$
I don't have much self confidence...
I already lost out on the slogan competition on RMW...
I never win anything, so i dunno if that would change now...
Anyhow, i'm withdrawing... i don't think i could handle it if i lost.

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
I perfectly understand. It happened to me to lose more often and not being enough confident as well. But I admire your effort though. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.