Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A wild campaign thread appeared! (Jackus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Croc

I eat my fries with fire.
Xy$
A member starts to act like a mini mod. (Telling people what to do) It starts to annoy other people but nobody's complained about her. It's clear she's being out of line but no rules are broken. What do you do?

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How familiar are you with the Report link, and how often do you use it?
[doublepost=1454394328,1454385053][/doublepost]FUN FORUM KNOWLEDGE TIME EXERCISE ONE

1. Who has the 4th most messages?
2. Who has the 3rd most positive ratings?
3. Who has the 11th most resources?
4. Who has the 2nd most Wiki contributions?
5. What is your current positive ratings positions rank? If rank is greater than 20, put 20+.
6. How many people are currently at 9th Level?
[doublepost=1454426525][/doublepost]1. Being a moderator, a leadership position for the forum, you have been put in charge of helping raise funds for the forum. What are some of your ideas?

2. A new members submits, in your opinion, a subpar resource. How would you handle this?

3. In the following screenshot, if there are any, name the Rules that are violated. In addition what else may be improper procedurally, but not against the rules.

ModTestI.png

Seriel

[Insert Member Title]
Here is a question for you: If you become a mod, what will you do to make this forum a little more lively and fun? =)
I would have a look around and see what I could do at the time. I don't have any plans at the moment.
> Under what circumstances would you ban a member instantly?
Only something horrificly bad. I don't like the idea of going from nothing to perma ban too quickly. At the very least a suspension.
Unless it's an obvious spam bot.

> You’re unsure of how many warning points to assign a member. What do you do?
I will check that thread I found in the staff section a while ago ;)
> Do you think you will have any problems giving out a warn or ban? It’s easy to say you’ll do it, but will you have any hesitation?
If I knew the person, maybe, but I would just go ahead with it if regardless. What must be done must be done.
> You realize you’ve given out an undeserved punishment. What steps would you take to resolve this?
Firstly I would revoke the punishment, and quickly PM the member apologizing for the mistake and i'm sorry for any inconvinence.
> You notice an issue on the forum, but neither of the admins are available to fix it. What do you do?
Leave a message for the powers that be to fix it. If it's something that's within my power then I might fix it, depending on what it is. (If it's a simple on something important I will most likely just fix it)
> You and another staff member disagree on how to interpret a rule. How and where do you discuss this?
I would rope in and admin to clarify things. This entire discussion would be done via PM.
> How will you prioritize looking through the forum? Will you look at everything, or try and focus on one section?
I'll look through all unread content and see what's new.
> You ask 2 members to take a discussion into PM, but they refuse, and direct their anger at you. What happens next?
Tell them both to calm down. And then if they continue to the point where it is breaking rules I will punish in the appropriate way. Also I would probably ask an admin to tell them, they might be taken more seriously.
> You find that a banned member comes back with an alternate account, but they’re following the rules now. What do you do?
Depends really, if they were banned a year or two ago, let them stay. But if it was like a few days or weeks, then.. ban their dupe I guess. Maybe if they're really nice ask and admin first.
> BONUS: Name 3 of my 5 favorite animals. :)
:/
Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs
Dinosaurs.

A seldom noticed forum member has gone beyond the call of duty. Please give us an example PM of what you might send them.
Gone beyond the call of duty? I'm not familiar with that term.

A member starts to act like a mini mod. (Telling people what to do) It starts to annoy other people but nobody's complained about her. It's clear she's being out of line but no rules are broken. What do you do?
I would point her towards the report button and tell her that if someone is breaking the rules, report it so we can deal with it instead of publicly posting.

How familiar are you with the Report link, and how often do you use it?
On this site i've never needed to. Everyone's too nice :D
On other sites (VXAN and RMW) I have used the report button many times. If I find a post where if I was a mod, I would do something, then I report it. Simple :)

1. Who has the 4th most messages?
@Xyphien
2. Who has the 3rd most positive ratings?
@Xyphien
3. Who has the 11th most resources?
....@Xyphien.. I think this is a trap xD
4. Who has the 2nd most Wiki contributions?
@Amysaurus :3
5. What is your current positive ratings positions rank? If rank is greater than 20, put 20+.
Heh, 20. Just got on there.
6. How many people are currently at 9th Level?
1. Being a moderator, a leadership position for the forum, you have been put in charge of helping raise funds for the forum. What are some of your ideas?
I.. have no idea. Haven't given fundraising much thought.
2. A new members submits, in your opinion, a subpar resource. How would you handle this?
Well.. whether or not something is 'subpar' is a huge matter of opinion, so I would ask another mod or and admin if they agree.
3. In the following screenshot, if there are any, name the Rules that are violated. In addition what else may be improper procedurally, but not against the rules.
  1. First off, that's not a forum game, it's a begging post.
  2. Linking to your website, rule #3
  3. Your signature is way too big. Needs to be under 300 pixels.
That was fun...
More! Heh, give more if you want lol

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awesome responses to the Fake Rule Breaking Post. Let me explain by what I mean by a member going beyond the call of duty.

This person has done much more than what is expected from a typical member. An example is that they helped many people solve RM challenges, showing easy to understand instructions, screenshots, etc. This person is usually quiet and unheard from. Hope that helps a little. :)
[doublepost=1454445942,1454435392][/doublepost]Knowing Forum Posting Rules ...

List the Rules that this post violates: http://rpgmakermv.co/threads/working-with-diverse-beliefs-and-cultures.2250/#post-20968

Eien Nanashi

Temporarily Goddamn Bright Yellow
Xy$
With all of these serious questions, time for a... less-serious one.

Do you like pancakes?

Do you like pizza? If so, what are your favorite pizza toppings?

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
This is the most important question, so choose wisely: Team Amy, or Team LTN?
[doublepost=1454471660,1454449864][/doublepost]I'm sorry - I only have so many things to do while I'm sick! Seriously, hit me up. I'll draw you an apology dino. D:

> To what extent do you think moderators influence a community (i.e. what kind of an impact do they have)?

> What (in your opinion) is the best part about this community? Do you think it makes our community unique?

> What (in your opinion) is the worst part about this community? How do you think we can resolve that?

> What do you think is the most challenging part of being a moderator?

> You start to feel overwhelmed with work in the community - do you ask someone for assistance, or do you work through it yourself?

> An emergency strikes (maybe a huge argument, maybe someone spamming all over the forum), but you’re the only staff member on. Do you keep an eye on the situation until you have help, or do try and fix the situation yourself?

> Do you plan to start (or continue?) trying to advertise this community? If yes, on what platforms and how? If no, do you think that’s something a moderator should be expected to do?

> If at any point you had to pick a position to give up, would it be your spot on the Resource Team, or your spot as a moderator?

Perhaps the most difficult question…..
What is love?

Iron Croc

I eat my fries with fire.
Xy$
¿ʎɥʍ puɐ ɐǝʇ ɹo/puɐ ǝǝɟɟoɔ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝʌɐɥ oʇ ʇɹǝssǝp ǝʇᴉɹoʌɐɟ ɹnoʎ sᴉ ʇɐɥM

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
This question goes past a mod a little bit. However, it is still a question that shows a lot about your character.

A member of your forum, or a forum you're an admin on applies to become a staff member. He has broken a few rules months ago, and the warnings are off, as well as you absolutely despise this person greatly. How would you handle his/her staff application?

Eien Nanashi

Xy$
Sorry if all of my questions are joke questions, I really just can't think of any serious ones that are good enough. XD

A leprechaun approaches you, asks you to give him some money. He does not state the reason why. What will you do?

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Which of our candidates has answers that are just too darn long? And someone please tell this dude to use that SPOILER feature.
[doublepost=1454763657,1454539198][/doublepost]What nickname(s) have you enjoyed?

Eien Nanashi

Xy$
[doublepost=1454763657,1454539198][/doublepost]What nickname(s) have you enjoyed?
He likes the nickname "Jackass" very much.
JUST KIDDING.

Well, since I'm here... I'm not good at asking questions, and the same kind of question may have been asked, but hey.

A member has contributed a lot, perhaps resources, donations, or quality posts. But then suddenly this member started to harass other members (or break other rules), but still contributes. What will you do to resolve this problem?

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Question based on a true story...

As a moderator, you will be faced with very nice people, which sometimes praise you for what you do around the community. Then comes a time when you find a post that should be given a caution or a small warning to make sure the topic stays in line and does not break any rules. So you do this, you leave a very nice caution/warning message with mod speak to the user you have been praised by beforehand but then the user quickly gets upset, his nice attitude towards you has does an 180-degree flip, and is breaking Rule #2 in response to your post. What would be your steps to getting this member, and these posts under control?

Second Question....
A well-known member Is creating a Farewell/Goodbye post, stating in the post that he just does not like the way the community is handling certain situations and has numerous complaints but he does not directly tell anyone in the Farewell/Goodbye post about the problems he is having.

As a staff member, we should all be a bit concerned with the issues they’re having, our community strives to better itself, losing a member that is well known can be quite an impact in our community. If you become a moderator what sort of actions would you take when a member is leaving due to the way the community is handling certain situations?

Seriel

[Insert Member Title]
Sorry. I died. Blame life.
I don't think i'll really be suited to being mod at this rate so i'm going to stand down as a candidate.
Good luck to everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.