Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You Are The GOD Of Your Own Created World

CM Games

Towns Guard
Xy$
This is my first ever thread in any RM sites, please bear with me. English is not my first language.

I will be focusing about RPG in this thread.

The Story

*TOS Story

I love stories. A great story can make a huge difference to your game. Your story and your game world together with your created characters must blend well to create a great gaming experience. Reading a novel with a beautiful and interesting story will make you feel as if you are part of that world. A game is no difference. Games are like books but more interactive. In reading a book you can't control the story or the outcome, you are just observing what will going to happen next..but in games you are the one to control the outcome of the game and even the pacing of the game's plot. As a game developer you are the storyteller and the master creator of that world.

The Character

*Story of Seasons characters

Characters are the heart of the game. They are the flavors and spices that gives taste and color to your game world. If the story is the brain of the game and the world is the body of the game, then the character is the heart of the game. That's why it's called Role Playing Game (RPG) because the player takes a role as the character(s) playing the game. A great and interesting characters can give a new life to your game. Great characters can turn your common game into a memorable and enjoyable gaming experience.

The World

Fantasy castle world

I'm a believer of Parallel Universe or Multiverse. I believe we are not the only intelligent living specie in this Universe. The Universe is so vast that our planet is just a tiny pebble or dust in this entire sphere of existence. Games have different worlds too. Worlds of fantasies and brave adventures. Journeys into the imaginable worlds. Worlds where casting a spell is like breathing. Where flying is just a day to day activity. Where slaying a dragon can earn you buckets of gold, and where fantasy and magic can only be found from the deep of your heart.

I love creating games that makes you feel part of that world because of a great story. Where you are the character waiting for that grand adventure and exploring the world to have a gaming experience unlike any other.

A place that can only be found in your mind. It's possible because as a game developer..You Are The GOD Of Your Own Created World.

CM

David FoxFire

Adventurer
Xy$
I believe that I understand a Creator Being, whoever he (or she) may be called, a lot better since I've been Dungeon Mastering--and later on game design--because I find myself in the same role as said Creator Being when I'm preparing the adventures and even more when I'm working in RPG Maker. People who believe in a God would really appreciate having his Perspective when it comes to the actual creation process. Maybe it'll answer some age old questions you might ask.

chongjasmine

Towns Guard
Xy$
I prefer to use the word creator rather than god to describe myself.
As you can read from my signature, I am a christian and find it somewhat awkward to call myself a god, since I believe in God.

CM Games

Towns Guard
Xy$
As you can read from my signature, I am a christian and find it somewhat awkward to call myself a god, since I believe in God.
I respect your views and belief. I'm a free-thinker and I don't want to be part of any kind of religion. Well we all have our own faiths in life, don't we? :)

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
It strongly depends on definition and belief (and your ego) if you actually would call yourself a "god" or not. Am I a god to my soundtracks because I created them? Am I a father? A mother? I did create them but that doesn't automatically put me in a specific relationship with them. Calling yourself a "god" or just a "creator" is elevating yourself to a position you defined for yourself. Would your game characters agree? Would my soundtracks agree? We'll never know (until AI research get massively expanded)...

Damn, I love being so freaking cryptic. :D

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
I love stories. A great story can make a huge difference to your game.
The meaning of the word is the main issue, World creator or God is in most fantasies the same thing. Linguistics meaning is different in different countries and languages. How you conway this information is of the upmost importance, so if your making a game for an english speaking audience you might want to consider how you word elements, if your linguistic choices makes the player not engage in your story you have failed as a writer.

You want your game to be special and unique and if you want to go this way, do like Tolkien.
Eru Ilúvatar is the deity of his world that in turn created the Valar and then created the world through the music of Ilúvatar.
Tolkien understood the power of linguistics, and by changing the names and words he created something unique.

Micro

Dragon Goddess
I don't really feel like I'm the creator or god of the worlds/stories I write about. Whenever I write, I feel like I am right there with the characters, experiencing it all. The story I write is more like a catalog of the experiences or adventures I've had in the world (alongside my characters, who I consider part of me, while also their own independent beings--if that makes sense).

In short, I am no god or creator, I am merely the window into these fantastical worlds. :D