Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yanfly's Animated SV Enemies: Change enemy weapon image depending on skill.

RK DracoRoy

Villager
Xy$
I am using Yanfly's Animated SV Enemies plug-in. http://yanfly.moe/2015/12/13/yep-44-animated-sideview-enemies/

So what I'm trying to accomplish for the enemy actors is to have them use a different weapon image depending on the skill they're using during battle.

What I'm really looking for is for example:

Enemy's skills
---------------------
Iron Sword: Swing, sword image
Iron Lance: Thrust, spear image
Iron Bow: Missile, bow image

So if the enemy uses the Iron Sword skill, the sword image would be displayed with the swing motion. Or if the enemy uses the Iron Lance skill, the spear image would be displayed with the thrust motion. That's what I'm picturing right now during battle, but it seems to not work for enemy actors but only for the player's actors.

Unfortunately, putting text "motion swing: user, sword" or "motion thrust: user, spear" inside the skill's target action sequence won't have enemy actors show or change weapon images.

I'm wanting enemies to show different weapon images depending on what skill they're using, sort of like the actors are doing right now. Can somebody please help me on this?

RK DracoRoy

Villager
Xy$
@Zarsla Thank you very much!

The solution pretty much involved making a couple of states and giving them weapon image notetags and of course, adding each state to the action sequences, for enemies to use different weapons.