Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Worst RPG Maker Game Ever" Event

DolorIpsum

Villager
Xy$
Hello everyone. I’m proud to be introducing a new challenge/event for anyone who would like to take part in: “The Worst RPG Maker Game Ever” event!

About
This event is simple: in one month, create a game that is the epitome of awful and terrible to play. Eyesore graphics, ear-bleeding music and, possibly, voice acting, nonsensical plot and characters, mind-numbing events, you name it! Both self-consciously bad games or just plain BAD bad games are allowed. Any and all genres are allowed as well.

This is less of a contest and more of a learning experience event. The goal is to allow everyone to show their creativity and the skills that they usually wouldn’t try for games that are meant to be at least decent. This also helps creators learn more about what is possible through using the software and, most notably, know what NOT to do in your games.

Requirements
  • Have the game done between now and the deadline listed below.
  • Use RPG Maker as the engine (all versions of the engine from 2k to MV are fine to use)
    • If using MV, please make either both a Windows and Mac version or a browser version
  • Post the game when finished into the Resources section of the forums. Either note that the game is for this event in the description or title of the resource or post a link to it in this thread. It will be added to this post underneath the Completed Games heading.
  • Leave a comment to warn potential players of what is in your game if necessary.
    • Ex: R-18, Rapidly Flashing Lights
  • As I just learned from @MinisterJay and @Cunechan, unless you get permission or a license, you are not allowed to do covers, recordings, or make use of copyrighted material as you would be breaking the forum rules concerning copyright infringement.
Prizes
Everyone who participates in the event will receive the following:
  • A badge to commemorate their participation
  • Depending on time and my situation once the deadline has passed, either:
    • a small sketch page featuring the creator’s game on its own individual page (all placed in a google drive file available for view, each will be added once they are completed) or

• a large page featuring all participants’ games together (a scanned or digital image will be put in the beginning post once complete)
Time and Deadline
  • Beginning Date: October 28, 2016
  • End Date [Deadline]: November 28, 2016; 11:59 p.m. EST

Examples and Inspiration

Completed Games
- The Doors of Demise [WINDOWS][MacOS]by MinisterJay

Last edited:

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
If i was ankluas, kai ludwig or Selphia I already won xD (No offense, "die letzte schlacht der elfen" and "alte macht" are famous games in the german rpg maker community that have been awarded trash, but they are really old and it was funny bc they were super bad, both series have a huge amount of other games like dlse 1-8, and alte macht has a lot of other game parts too, some were even quite good)

Guys, use paint to edit your facesets. Let the battle begin

DolorIpsum

Villager
Xy$
If i was ankluas, kai ludwig or Selphia I already won xD (No offense, "die letzte schlacht der elfen" and "alte macht" are famous games in the german rpg maker community that have been awarded trash, but they are really old and it was funny bc they were super bad, both series have a huge amount of other games like dlse 1-8, and alte macht has a lot of other game parts too, some were even quite good)

Guys, use paint to edit your facesets. Let the battle begin
I never heard of those before, kinda tempted to play them if they have english translations.
Yes, let it begin!

Ahah, this sounds like a lot of fun. Don't know if I'll enter this or not yet.
Thank you for your interest! No worries, you've got a whole month to decide.