Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What scripts would you like made?

What scripts do you guys want made for RPG Maker MV?

Suggested Already:

Battle Related
Action Battle Mode
Battle Transformations
Battle Voices
Limited Item Use
Command Input/Combo to Execute Skill
QTE-style combo system
Enemy Health Bars
Auto Battle for certain party member
Attack Elements (Not Effective, Super Effective, etc)

HUD
Calendar date and area name on-screen.
Detailed mini-map of current area
Radar (Enemies,Loot,Etc)

Kits
Pokemon Tools
FF Tactics Tools
Fire Emblem Tools
Sim Games (p2 Post #24)
DnD Style stats + d20 on interact (p2 post #21)
First Person Dungeon Crawler 3D link
RTS system

Visual Effects
Khaz's Light script
Parallax

Environment
Weather
Day and Night Cycle
Clouds/Cloud Shadows
Custom Weather Link

The Crafts
Fishing
Mining
Cooking
Crafting
Potion Crafting
Farming

Misc
Character Creator In Game
Heal on character level up
Not Random - Battles triggered by enemy encounter (tales games)

MiniGames
Button Mashing Mini Game (like dance dance revolution
Archery game (like zelda)

Last edited:

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I want to see:
Weather (This is a huge thing for me)
Day and Night Cycles (Huge one for me)
Clouds (Another big thing for me)
Enemy health bars
Level Up Healing

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Yea all those I'd like to have. I edited the post and added yours to the list. Did you ever script or program before xyphien?
Sadly, no I have not. I really need to learn, but it just seems to complicated to up and learn it :/

It really is the best to learn how to script yourself since that gives you full control. But if you have enough people like me that enjoy making scripts for their own use and also like to give it to the community you can usually find what you want.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Another script I'd love to see is a world map script. It looks amazing in Ace, I can only hope it will come to MV soon :D

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
An Ace data loader. So you can just load your Ace games in an MV environment.
Scripts would need to be ported (including script calls and damage formulas, and any other script-related things), but you can still develop in 32x32.

Though, I'm on the fence with such an idea.
You might as well just transform your tiles into 48x48 with borders so that you can add them in MV editor, but render them properly in-game.

Last edited:
I would like to see a script that would make the Holder battlers for Ace usable in MV. Also, maybe a land vehicle script if that isn't already built into the engine.

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
More battle types would be awesome. One specific one would be Legend of Zelda styled combat.

Another script I'd love to see is a world map script.
A world map script would be cool.

Though, I'm on the fence with such an idea.
You might as well just transform your tiles into 48x48 with borders so that you can add them in MV editor, but render them properly in-game.
I think doing this would be a fine idea for anyone currently working on a game.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I would like to see a well done radar, with a real scale of the maps. As well as a world map with customizations like pins and fast travel.

seacliff

Villager
First Person Dungeon Crawler.
And It will probably happen in a few years too. The other makers has such, but they crash easily and are quite buggy. Not that I'm expected anything more with Javascript, but it's just a fun system to play around with.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
By dungeon crawler do you mean automatically generated dungeons ? So loot is generated, the maps are generated and what not?

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Whoa, Im surprised this was done in VX Ace! So you'r thinking 3-D? I do like this idea and I do know javascript is powerful enough to accomplish this, hopefully MV codebase will handle it though.

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Person Dungeon Crawler.
And It will probably happen in a few years too. The other makers has such, but they crash easily and are quite buggy. Not that I'm expected anything more with Javascript, but it's just a fun system to play around with.
I am a huge fan of first person dungeon crawlers, so I would love this.