Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Are Your RM Goals?

Ultimately, what is your hope with RPG Maker MV (large scale, small scale, long-term, short-term)? Are you looking to commercially sell your product across multiple online stores, or is this all about having a fun little hobby and making things for yourself and maybe a few others? Is game making a private matter for you, or a public announcement?

Personally, I see this as an informal coding project; as a computer science major, I'm looking to apply my skills to an app that will be available on Mac, Windows, iOS and Android. I don't expect much success or to sell a bunch, but I do hope that someone buys it at some point, and that it finds a couple favorable reviews from the community.

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Being the artist I am, I use RPG Maker as a platform to get my music some use other than just sounding nice. I think since RM is so easy to understand, it's a great way to get things started. And since I'm not very experienced when it comes to composing, an easy way to get started is just what I need.
I would be the happiest little sponge on Earth if I eventually will be able to make music for games for a living. And I mean "real" living, not "starving artist" living. But that's not gonna happen for a looooooong time. :P

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
It's kind of a similar deal for me. I like learning the new art styles, I like seeing what new things I can do with my existing artwork, and yeah, making a few extra dollars here and there is nice. xD

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
To have fun, and make jaw-dropping laughter-inducing games that'll make the feels happen!

My goal, then, as a developer, is to touch people... no, god damn it! NOT IN THAT WAY!!! ...I mean I want to let people feel things that they didn't know they could feel, impress them beyond wits. I guess fame is my goal? Huh... but I also just love what I do, and I'll do it my way, and always will. I won't bring myself down to other levels to accomplish fame, if I'm gonna be famous, it's gonna be for me doing what I love doing.

chongjasmine

Towns Guard
Xy$
My RM goal is to create a rpg game that is good in its story, that people will enjoy playing.
Being a lousy artist, I will mainly be using the graphics from the system itself.
So, my game can only score story-wise.