Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are the rules for selling a game made with MV?

For some reason, my Help file works properly for every page except for the EULA, and I'm just about done working on my game, so wanna make sure I'm following the MV rules for selling your game.

Could anyone help me out by either telling me them, or sharing a picture of the EULA?
Or even better, the file so it will actually load in my Help thingy.

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
First, you'll have to credit the makers of the engine in your credits.
Second, credit anyone who's resources you use (make sure none of it is copyright and all of them can be used in commercial projects)
- The most common copyrighted material falls with audio tracks, so be sure you have full rights or they're completely free for commercial use before keeping those in your game files. But some art assets have the same rules where you need a license to use commercially.
Third, Filter out any resources that you may have used as references or placeholders that you would otherwise have no rights to use
Finally, Make sure you follow the EULA of your targeted platform as well

That's pretty much it really, you just have to be sure everyone is credited and you have the right to use every resource in your game commercially. On these forums, you'll be able to see whether or not a resource can be used commercially by checking the creator's terms of service. Be careful with the DLC content of the engine itself though as there are grey areas (usually with the BGM and audio) where they could be copyrighted content where you need additional licenses despite having paid for the DLC already. The RPGMakerWeb resource forums also make the creators provide their terms of use. All assets in the default RPG Maker engine can only be used in the RPG Maker engines, not anything like Unity or other game engines of larger scale. As long as you keep that stuff in mind, you'll be fine.