Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird NPCS and Tables Effect

Was this helpful, or did you already know about it?

• Knew about it

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Helpful

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Meh.. doesn't really bother me anyways...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
I noticed something weird in MV's programming that events will face to talk to you through tables...
I only have 4 events up there, and it is the 4 ladies behind the counters...
But if you go and talk to one of them, no matter where they are facing they will turn and talk to you through the tables. So I'm guessing this is so you don't have to make multiple events for people behind counters... but this also effects people sitting at 1 square tables too...

Table Weirdness 3.png

Here is 2 more pictures where I found in game:

Table event weirdness.png

Table Weirdness 2.png

Just wanted to prove that it was just that event~

Hope this helps you in your designing needs~

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Does each counter attendant have a different function?

I noticed they all share the same character. Have you tried to make copies of that specific character, and given them each a different image name?

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
So far I've only tested out on messages, but I'll do more testing if you want. I only noticed it when I was working on my game... I used those 4 npcs in a new game folder for testing purposes. So that I could determine it didn't happen from a plugin I installed.

I'll try different events later. And all of them were set to activate with the action button.

polar_fawkes

Towns Guard
check the 'direction fix' checkbox on the event page if you'd like events to stay facing one direction when activated. if you don't want them to be talkable from one side of the table, you could add a same level as player empty event on that side. havent tested myself but that should do it.
[doublepost=1452811089,1452314094][/doublepost]@MinisterJay LOL steps to repro: create humanoid event. speak to them from the side. they will turn to face you.

just rustling your jimmies minister :P
[doublepost=1452811145][/doublepost]to be clear for future reference, events turning to face you is intended behaviour. 'direction fix' box at the bottom-left of the event page will force events to keep the same direction.

Jazeeri

Villager
Xy$
I had an issue with npc not obeying it's event program (turn off stepping), I think it glitched somehow and once I deleted that event, saved, exited the program and then restarted, remade the event, it was solved. I suspect it was a memory issue as I had the program up for many hours and it might have run me out of ram.. it has not happened since. I do notice lag when I run the app for unending hours but it vanishes when I close it out and restart. (sometimes I run it for 12 hours+ while I putter about making events or mapping)

Khayalan

Towns Guard
Xy$
If you look closer into the TileSet-Settings you can see theres an option for this :)
Its called "corner" i think in english (Im using German Version on my version its called "Theke")

You just have to tick tiles with this setting and then they have this attribute :)

-Khayalan

Seriel

[Insert Member Title]
If you look closer into the TileSet-Settings you can see theres an option for this :)
Its called "corner" i think in english (Im using German Version on my version its called "Theke")

You just have to tick tiles with this setting and then they have this attribute :)

-Khayalan
What do you mean? Closest I can find is Counter, for enabling counters to work with events.
Unless that's what you mean..?