Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Updating RMMV.co

Do you think we should update the website to XF2?

• Yes, it's fine if some small things don't work anymore!

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No, I think the site is good, bugs and all!

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I'm sure everything is still under construction, but just for some early feedback, I'd recommend shrinking the top banner, and saving the scrolling banner only for events or featured resources/games. (For reference: my screen is 95% banner when I load a page from my laptop)

There's a whole section for resources that we won't need a slide to notice, and it's a better look to put a donation link in the top bar and footer instead of having it take up a big part of the screen.
The slider is going to have all the latest stuff on it to include the weeks featured resource, game, etc. :) as for the 95% banner do you mind displaying a picture so I know what you mean? Everything looks fine on my 4k, 1080, & 720 monitors. It does show up big for my 1440x900 monitor, however at that resolution every banner on any website shows up super huge.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Nope, that's 100% for me (aww)

Heck, even on my desktop comp it's 50% of the screen. That's why most sites don't do a top banner, and opt for just the scrolling one, lol.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Nope, that's 100% for me (aww)

Heck, even on my desktop comp it's 50% of the screen. That's why most sites don't do a top banner, and opt for just the scrolling one, lol.
Sadly, this is the best theme currently for xf2. I'll look into how I'd be able to make it a scrolling screen, but no promises. And @Amysaurus What browser are you using?

Last edited:

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
RMMV should abandon JavaScript with a modular scripting system that absolutely anyone can comprehend and use to modify everything in RPG Maker.
This is a fansite for the plugin and this specific post was made as an update to the website itself :) And if they remove JS then there wouldn't be any mods to be made. They wouldn't be able to add everything mods can include into one program at least not with the current price tag. You'd be looking at something more expensive than unity as even that requires coding on top of the basic program.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
RMMV should abandon JavaScript with a modular scripting system that absolutely anyone can comprehend and use to modify everything in RPG Maker.
Way to go totally off topic but If you can't comprehend JavaScript you won't be able to comprehend any other language. As a side note JavaScript is completely modular, what is not modular is the way the developer of MV wrote their engine but you can still customize everything except for the editor itself.

Starbird

Praised Adventurer
Resource Team
Xy$
- Several sections have barely any topics after years of being around, so they may as well be combined with more popular sections. For example: MV Deployment, MV Videos, Technology/Utility Discussion, and Skill Swaps/Resource Trading only have 18 topics between them.

P.S. If we switch fonts, I'd recommend either Quattrocento or Verdana as the default.
[/QUOTE]

skill swaps / resource trading can be handled better in project recruitment

MV Deployment should be kept but maybe wrapped into Tech/Utility. videos can go in tutorial or finished games or wherever they actually belong. MV Deployment is a HUGE question/issue, and there isn't much expertise on it, but I guarantee it's something people are looking for.

part of this is just figuring out the best way to label the category and how to roll up some closely related subjects under that label

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
- Several sections have barely any topics after years of being around, so they may as well be combined with more popular sections. For example: MV Deployment, MV Videos, Technology/Utility Discussion, and Skill Swaps/Resource Trading only have 18 topics between them.

P.S. If we switch fonts, I'd recommend either Quattrocento or Verdana as the default.
skill swaps / resource trading can be handled better in project recruitment

MV Deployment should be kept but maybe wrapped into Tech/Utility. videos can go in tutorial or finished games or wherever they actually belong. MV Deployment is a HUGE question/issue, and there isn't much expertise on it, but I guarantee it's something people are looking for.

part of this is just figuring out the best way to label the category and how to roll up some closely related subjects under that label
[/QUOTE]
I've been planning on combining a few for a little while now :) But keep forgetting to be honest. I'll get on that right meow.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Alrighty, I've went ahead and merged the classified areas to combine into one buying / selling section. I feel these are too in common and are easier to manage and merge into one than have two half empty sections.

I've merged the MV Videos & Tutorials into the MV Discussion, and also MV Help sections which I renamed MV Help to MV Help & Tutorials.

I've also removed the category for sales and moved the classified area into MV Development category to save some extra space as well.