Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[unmaintained] Pokemon: Project Rocket

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
splash.png

Project Rocket is a Pokemon game where you play as a Grunt in Team Rocket. Your parents are members, and you decided to follow in their footsteps. Your father is right under Giovanni in rank. To get your first pokemon Giovanni has you go steal a pokemon from Professor oak, right as you steal you first pokemon Ash (Or Red. Haven't decided yet) comes in to try and stop you. Once you beat him, you run back off to the HQ. From there, you can travel around the area stealing pokemon that are out of it's pokemon (The random pokemon in houses), If you do this, you will have to fight the trainer, and either if you beat them, or capture them you take their pokemon. You're also able to steal any loose items, TM's, etc. laying around. Team Rocket is banned from Gyms, so you have to find trainers with gym badges and beat them to steal their gym badge. You can also pick pocket from trainers. If you succeed you can get away with some money, items, or even a pokemon.

I'm currently trying to see if I can work out a selling option, so you're able to sell your stolen pokemon to someone in the Team Rocket HQ.

Through the game you will be ranking up by doing countless stuff, going on missions, and stealing items/pokemon for TR. Throughout the game you will get mistreated, used, abused, and thrown aside left and right. TR will treat you like trash, eventually you will get tired of it, and possible do something... extreme. I cannot say more to this, as it'll ruin the ending of the game.

How do you all like this idea?

Here are some pictures of what I have done yet. (Still in early stages of development)
I'm trying to make the game as authentic as possible to the original game.

upload_2015-11-27_19-38-5.png

upload_2015-11-27_19-38-38.png

upload_2015-11-27_19-39-21.png
upload_2015-11-27_19-40-37.png
upload_2015-11-27_19-41-4.png
Untitled-1.png

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
It's hard for me to like games using ripped resources, but I like the idea for it. Playing as a villain is usually my favorite, lol. :D

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Being the huge Pokémon fan that I am... I like the idea. I was always waiting for the opportunity to actually join the dark side in a Pokémon game. Rank up in the organization, doin' evil deeds... Kinda sounds like the guild quest lines in Elder Scrolls. I'm thinking Thieves' Guild. XD
Curious to see how this is gonna work out in the end. ^_^

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
I like it too, you're allowed to do all the stuff you actually shouldn't and it sounds like fun. Do you plan on making it a long game (I mean the storyline and "main quests" whatever)? I dont know what to think about the ressources but theyll probably give the full pokemon feeling (I guess you can just ask the creators since it's just a fangame). Really used to love pokemon back then, I remember how I spent 400 hours on my platinum ds version xD looking forward to seeing more of this soon~

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I like it too, you're allowed to do all the stuff you actually shouldn't and it sounds like fun. Do you plan on making it a long game (I mean the storyline and "main quests" whatever)?
Yeah, as long as I do not make it exclusive, paid for, etc. It's a fan created game that's 100% free and available to everyone. There's lots of games like that out there such as Pokemon Obsidian. Which is one a lot of people know about, and have played.

As for gameplay, I'd like to have a lot of gameplay available, but I'll probably release it once everything is playable, and then addon to it as time goes on :)

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I like the idea of it.
Pick pocketing seems weird in a Pokemon game, but I don't know how it will turn out, so I'll hold my tongue.

Are you going to let the trainer steal pokemon during battles?

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I like the idea of it.
Pick pocketing seems weird in a Pokemon game, but I don't know how it will turn out, so I'll hold my tongue.

Are you going to let the trainer steal pokemon during battles?
If I'm able too then yes, however, I'm still extremely confused on the extent of this addon, so I don't know if I'll be able to. If not, you will be able to steal any pokemon that is already out of it's pokeball. Example, when you walk into a random house and they have a pidgy just chilling there, you'd be able to try to steal it. That will either relate to you successfully stealing it, or the trainer trying to stop you. From there, I'll either make a wild encounter event with that pokemon if I can, if not then it'll be a trainer battle with that pokemon, and upon completion of the battle, you will take the pokemon from them. There's several different ways I'll be able to go about doing it, all depending on how much I am able to change with the core game without knowing a lot of coding.
[doublepost=1448741949,1448682787][/doublepost]Some updates from today:
I've added custom pokemon to the three pokemon you can steal from Professor Oak. Geodude, Ekans, and Bellsprout. This way you have the originality of having Team Rocket pokemon, whilst being able to choose from a distinct three types of pokemon. Rock, Poison, and Grass. After you steal a pokemon, Ash tries and stops you.
upload_2015-11-28_23-9-52.png
upload_2015-11-28_23-16-3.png
upload_2015-11-28_23-16-21.png
upload_2015-11-28_23-16-41.png

I've also finished up all of the Team Rocket HQ! I'm now working out some weird bugs with the blacking out. As well as what will happen if you do black out against Ash as once you beat him you steal his pokedex from him. I have a buddy helping me with this, and it's coming along pretty well thus far :)

Attachments

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Looks weird to give the name "Ash" to a trainer with the appearance of Red xD
The idea however isn't bad at all. It kind of reminds me about Pokémon Colosseum where you start as a Pokémon snagger and that you can catch trainer's Pokémon with a special device etc.

Micro

Dragon Goddess
Dude, this sounds awesome. it reminds me of Pokemon XD where you snag other peoples' corrupted Pokemon

I would TOTALLY try this out!!!

Will there still be the option of catching Pokemon the legit way? (sorry if I missed that)

Jace88

Villager
Xy$
this probably sounds obvious but you should probably turn the trainer battles into wild encounters that way as a thief you have the option of running away

Khayalan

Towns Guard
Xy$
To bad there isnt a Version for MV out there (of the Pokemon-Plugins)
But i swear, that if there are the PlugIns out im going to do one :)

-Khayalan

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
I love Pokemon games, plus my favorite Pokemon is and will always be Meowth. So I've always had a soft side for Team Rocket, so I am excited to see this developed more when you get the chance.

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Hey Xiffy are you still working on this :D? Haven't seen many updates in the past that's why I'm asking. Just like sock quest it's one of the projects I'd really love to see. If you need any help with it just ask, don't forget (joyful)

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Hey Xiffy are you still working on this :D? Haven't seen many updates in the past that's why I'm asking. Just like sock quest it's one of the projects I'd really love to see. If you need any help with it just ask, don't forget (joyful)
Do you have VXAce? If so, I could use some help with this :)