Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn Towards This Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unmercyful

That being said it would need to be a plugin that will always check through all events and when one event is close enough automatically turn the player towards the event
Would it be possible for it to be set to a switch or plugin command so it can be turn on and off?

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Why would you like it turned off? Assuming you only want it on the events which are enemies you could setup a move route for those events only, and if you want it to disable because you killed the enemy or something you would then switch to a new page right? Switching to a new page without the move route code in it would disable it.

U

Unmercyful

Ahh, that makes sense, I didn't think of that. I that case, you know EXACTLY what I am looking for and I would very much appreciate a plugin made for this if possible. Would it be able to be used for commercial use?

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I'm not 100% sure I will be able to accomplish this but in theory, it sounds simple, and if I need help there is always eivl, he's much more experienced in Javascript than me so I believe in the end you will get a plugin out of this, eivl may even think of something before me, who knows lol. All plugins I create are free for commercial use, and if I do need eivl's help I'm sure he won't mind it being commercial either.

U

Unmercyful

That is truly awesome! I would contribute when you are done and when I get my next check.

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
OK i get i now, the player is out walking and it sees an Event, this Event makes it so the player turns against it while the Event moves to the plater.

What happends during this? Does the player freeze? And when the Event gets near, does combat start?
Should the player escape this?

U

Unmercyful

What happends during this? Does the player freeze? And when the Event gets near, does combat start?
Should the player escape this?
Player combat starts using move route commands, at this point the enemy should be using their own move route commands against the player.
[doublepost=1455035743,1455035393][/doublepost]
Does the player freeze?
If possible no.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I got a version working where the player nears the event with the distance you set, let's say 3 tiles. If within 3 tiles the player will face towards the event when you stop moving. I did have it so while you were moving it would face the event but it looked odd because the player is trying to move around and being forced to face the event, so it would quickly change between direction player is moving and towards the event. Is it okay the player faces toward the event when you stop moving? Or did you want it to face the event even while the player is moving?

U

Unmercyful

Sorry for the delay, had to pick up a suspended grandson from school.
So the player would need to stop the character to turn or the character turns to the enemy when the player stops within "3" tiles of the enemy?
Lol, hope that made sense.
Either way would be great. I would prefer to be able to move around but if it is not possible or looks clunky then I can go with the stop and turn option.

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
But then all events within line of sight should follow you, and if you run from one you might be cough by the other.
@LTN Games pm me if you need any assistance! ;)

U

Unmercyful

If you guys don't mind, I'd like to ask a question slightly off the subject instead of starting a new thread.
I know very little about scripts, never used Ace, but i was able to translate the line of sight codes just one thing I don't get. In this script (which is a basic line of sight:
Math.abs($gameMap.event(this._eventId).y - $gamePlayer.y) == 1 && $gameMap.event(this._eventId).x === $gamePlayer.x || Math.abs($gameMap.event(this._eventId).x - $gamePlayer.x) == 1 && $gameMap.event(this._eventId).y === $gamePlayer.y

The double == signs next to the 1 are right?
[doublepost=1455112901,1455110372][/doublepost]I don't know if you are using the demo I sent you or not, But i just updated it. I added my melee. Don't know if that helps or not but the range is set to closer to the event.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Yes these are correct, == will compare values and === compares value and type. I probably won't need the melee on the demo to get it all working. As of right now I won't be able to work on this Plugin until later today, I have already sent eivl the demo and he will take a look at it as well and help me when and if necessary so now its all up to my free time, I'll let you know whn I've made improvements and keep you updated.

U

Unmercyful

Sweet, That sounds great and please take your time, I was not even expecting this, so take as long as you need.
[doublepost=1456832076,1455115162][/doublepost]After being told this " I'll let you know whn I've made improvements and keep you updated." I waited for two weeks and heard nothing, so I decided to PM you to see what's up. After two days of hearing nothing and seeing you online, I send you another PM "Should I just forget this plugin? I am not trying to hurry anyone, but I was told that I would kept updated. I can understand if someone is not feeling well and does not have the time to do any work. But I have sent a PM a couple days ago and got no answer, which is fine. But now that I see that you have been online and still have not at least returned my PM, makes me wonder if I should even keep my battle system on hold. Please respond one way or another!"After that you give me this response " Sorry about that I must have missed your message the other day because it told me all messages were read. Anyways I'll work on it later today, I'm feeling better now and I have a bit of extra time, I still never got the help from eivl that I was looking for so I'll give it a try on my own. I'll let you know by end of the day, if there is issues with me creating it or if I can't seem to do it. And of course I did not get a PM from you that day or the next day until I sent a semi harsh PM to you, "Really?? I don't get it! Why would someone keep saying one thing: "I'll let you know whn I've made improvements and keep you updated." and I'll let you know by end of the day, " and then just not do what they say? Maybe , best I find someone else more reliable to help me with this." I wont post the rest of the conversation but on Feb. 23rd in there you said "Actually it's done I still have a few small tweaks to do to it. The only thing I did not do was message you at the end of my busy schedule, Your lack of patience results in a lack of a plugin." First off I don't see the lack of patience. What I see is someone new came here to this site seeking an answer to question and then was told "Oh I can can do that for you!" then got the run a round. Lets look at the facts again, I was told: "I'll keep you updated" "I'll let you know by end of the day" "Actually it's done". With those statements and no follow through I went to someone else that was reliable, and had a plugin made. I am in no way saying that you should have went out of your way to make this plugin. What I am saying is, maybe next time you should tell someone a time frame. I just guessing here but but, most people don't want to put their project on hold while waiting for someone to MAYBE send the help that was promised to them! Thanks anyway for the offer. Xyphien, Good luck to you. This site has much potential but with this and other recent drama but I will not be coming here any longer.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
All of this has been dealt with in PM amd is much different than you are potraying, now that you had your say publicly I will be locking this thread.
If you want clairity on the situation Or want to speak further about this, then PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.