Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trigger Player Touch/Action Button on Non passable tiles?

Arythorn

Towns Guard
Xy$
I've had to deal with this problem a few times, having certain events on non passable tiles, since clicking on events also causes the player to move to them, any events on solid blocks (those that are generally descriptive things in my case) aren't being triggered because the player is not 'touching' the event.

Sure you could place the event on the floor space beneath the object, but this uses up space, can be a hindrance and also causes problems if more than one event needs to be in that same place.

Is there any way around this, I am open to plugin use if need be.

Thanks In Advance!

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Having them set to "Same as Player" should resolve not triggering them. This makes them the same layer as the player so it acts as an obstacle or another entity like an NPC. As for it moving the player onto them, not sure why it would do that unless instructed to in the event.