Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trees Idea and Work

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
So after some time trying some work with trees I made this one bellow, what you guys think?

Made each branch individually, and with 3 variations: snow, leaf and leafless (leafless is not present here in the sample). The bigger tree have 18 branches and the small tree have 15. I used Pupped Warp to create each branch.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
New bushes I have done, but I'm thinking if they are good enough:

[doublepost=1514835595,1513824338][/doublepost]New stuff I've been doing, using my birches to test new building set I'm doing.

[doublepost=1519275001][/doublepost]Who liked this city square?

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$

Still experimenting some designs for the exterior, but I'm lacking some inspiration right now. This is a small sample, sorry for the low quality image.

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Looks kinda like an Old English style or Victorian city look. Maybe use some images of those for some exterior inspiration. Either way, it's looking pretty good as it is.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Looks kinda like an Old English style or Victorian city look. Maybe use some images of those for some exterior inspiration. Either way, it's looking pretty good as it is.
Thank you! Indeed I tried some gothic style, I was trying some Baroque too. I would love to make more baroque details and put some statues like knights or mages under a blind arcade. I'm a bit unmotivated to work these days, so I guess this will take a while to be finished.
Here is the uppar part:

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
yeah it looks quite nice and fitting for your inspired styles. I personally picture a sort of eagle head or something in that center part, perhaps even a clock lol. But yeah, decorations usually add to it quite nicely with those styles.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
I decided to change a bit the crenelations I've made to a more classic style, so it turned out like this:

I'm not sure about this one, I think I should improve the corners connections between the vertical and the horizontal.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Okay so now I made some change in the battlements stuff I'm doing for this set:

I still need to so some minor adjustments, but this is the overall idea.
[doublepost=1523538912,1523471341][/doublepost]And this:

[doublepost=1523548141][/doublepost]And in this one I tried to create some snow mounds, I don't know if they are alright, I feel like need to work a bit more on them.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
I can't speak for everyone but I would say they look awesome as heck
Thank you! This was just a casual sample I tried to see how the stuff get along. Still missing things like shades, dirty in the ground and other minor stuff that add a lot to the environment.
[doublepost=1523648849,1523560996][/doublepost]I'm desperately in need of some help, else I'll lose the wits that I yet have. This fluffy of a wall is giving nightmares. I've made a simple sketch on the idea:

Please, its this okay? I'll not live to make that wall scheme again, and its been 6 hours I'm doing this already.
[doublepost=1523823532][/doublepost]So after some time I used the design above so end up coming with this cutaway:

I tried my best to do a correct woodwork beams inside the tower, but I guess its missing some beams for the backside roof. I tried to make them, but it ended a bit confusing so I left it like this.
[doublepost=1524436889][/doublepost]Making new modular buildings so them can be joined together with any other building types:

[doublepost=1524534355][/doublepost]Another building:

[doublepost=1526344111][/doublepost]And yet a new development in buildings:

[doublepost=1527084982][/doublepost]For everyone that watch or like my works, I'll be soon releasing my own blog with all assets I've made so far, organized and building sample ready to be used. Everything will be free content and for any kind of use. The idea was keep updating the sets, get feedback and improve my asset creation as well as provide nice assets free of charge for everyone who like to build dreams.
[doublepost=1528684367][/doublepost]So finally I've finished my Blog and I'm starting to sort a post my current works on there. All the sample trees and the buildings that so far I have done for the 'White City' set will be posted there. That was my first blog, and I'll post all my stuff there from now on. Of course I'll not leave the forum here, I'll keep visiting and post here as well.

https://runeprojects.blogspot.com/

The blog still pretty new, and I'll keep updating and adjusting it, but for now this will suffice.
Thanks everyone for the support and inspiration!

Clownia

Villager
Xy$
Your assets are awesome. Are you working completely in 2d or with the help of 3d software like Sketchup or Blender for the basic building shapes?

That tower looks fine to me, but have you thought about rotating the wood planks (floor) 90° ? (as opposed to the planks of the wooden doors)
Might be a bit more readable.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Your assets are awesome. Are you working completely in 2d or with the help of 3d software like Sketchup or Blender for the basic building shapes?

That tower looks fine to me, but have you thought about rotating the wood planks (floor) 90° ? (as opposed to the planks of the wooden doors)
Might be a bit more readable.
Thank you. I'm working only on 2D using Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 right now. I stopped doing the tilesets for RPG Maker MV and I'm focusing more on Unity Assets now, for platform oriented games. I'm almost done my new Birch Tree forest set for it, I'll post a small sample bellow: