Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Totally Top View

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Has anyone seen a truly top view game? I am not talking about traditional top view like those made with the normal RTP of RPG Makers. The characters, monsters, flora, and fauna, would all seen from the top. These would be a strict 2D images. This time instead of me using only height and width, I am using only length and width. I am making totally new Tilesets, as the RTP has hints of the third dimension. All images are made with squares. Screenshots will be coming in the next few days.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Hmmm... The only one I can think of off the top of my head is a space shooter my friend had made. You controlled a soldier dude and ran around shooting aliens while trying to navigate a space station.

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
There are a lot of top-down flash games out there, but I've never seen one done in RPG Maker.