Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TheClintHennesy's Art Workshop

ClintHennesy

Villager
Xy$
Since I'm in the middle of working on a project- I decided I'll be updating this with art that I've done for the project. Here's the first character art!

I'm still deciding if I should put in my older "Character Art" here. :D

Caleb2_M.png

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$
Since I'm in the middle of working on a project- I decided I'll be updating this with art that I've done for the project. Here's the first character art!

I'm still deciding if I should put in my older "Character Art" here. :D

View attachment 4668
Oooooooooooooh! Pretty Pictures!
This looks promising already.
I consider myself pretty bad, but I can help a lil' bit in game design...
Don't expect pretty pictures though!

ClintHennesy

Villager
Xy$
Oooooooooooooh! Pretty Pictures!
This looks promising already.
I consider myself pretty bad, but I can help a lil' bit in game design...
Don't expect pretty pictures though!
Yoh! :D
Sure sure. To be honest- I'm kind of scared cuz I haven't gotten any messages yet about the project (Honest truth here)
But anyways- if RPG Maker just doesn't work out and i can't find a Dev/Designer, I'll probably have to consider other Engines. :D

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$
Yoh! :D
Sure sure. To be honest- I'm kind of scared cuz I haven't gotten any messages yet about the project (Honest truth here)
But anyways- if RPG Maker just doesn't work out and i can't find a Dev/Designer, I'll probably have to consider other Engines. :D
Dear Clint...

Hmmm... I see, RPG Makers is actually very good and versatile engine, especially with plugin. Rather than moving on to the I AM GETTING BETTER AND I AM RESTARTING MY GAME Cycle It's more necessary to finish your game. Popularity is not what your concern right now, what you need to do is to finish what you've started and then the marketing goes next.

Useful Video For You:

If you need a designer and helper, I may help you find that, or at least guide.
Community in RPG MAKER is very dedicated and willing to help. you just need to know how
to find and reach out to them, maybe writing a personalized letter for them or post something on their profile status. There are a lot of talents working in RPGMAKER and this website.

Don't give up and good luck

Warm Regard,
Philip Alfa Edison

Last edited:

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$
Thank you, Philip! :D

Anyways- I just wanna post some update on my Art!

I did a quick test for the Battler Sprites for Edun: 2016.

SO EXCITED! :D
Oh Wow! Looking smooth Clinton~
Seems like you have started a following already, I know you can do it :)

You're not the only one who's excited, we have mutual feeling on this

ClintHennesy

Villager
Xy$
Thanks guys! :D I really appreciate the support. Being new to exposing my RPG Maker stuff for an actual "Product" is really scary- but you guys saying that you all like it is really pushing me to say "Okay. People seem to like it. I gotta finish this!" :D :D :D

Sometimes- I want to reply- but then I have this weird feeling that I might end up double posting if no one replied to my thread and I wanted to update it. HMm... Not sure which is the right thing to do.

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
Sometimes- I want to reply- but then I have this weird feeling that I might end up double posting if no one replied to my thread and I wanted to update it. HMm... Not sure which is the right thing to do.
Ignore those 'weird feelings' (we all have our 'off' days...); if there's been no posts since the last one, it's as easy to 'Edit' the +previous post and add the new information. S'not a big deal,anyway, the System will merge consecutive posts automatically. You may sleep soundly.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Can't say I'm crazy about the style of the character (his head kinda skeeves me out), but the color palette and shading look great. (smile)

ClintHennesy

Villager
Xy$
Ignore those 'weird feelings' (we all have our 'off' days...); if there's been no posts since the last one, it's as easy to 'Edit' the +previous post and add the new information. S'not a big deal,anyway, the System will merge consecutive posts automatically. You may sleep soundly.
Ahh. Alright. Good. :D Well- There's that and this fear of just not being able to "Bump" the thread when I post new updates. :P (Happened in multiple forums before.) BUT Thanks for tha reply! :D I shall be more "yolo" with posts now. xD

Can't say I'm crazy about the style of the character (his head kinda skeeves me out), but the color palette and shading look great. (smile)
Yeah. I've had this weird feeling with his head size too. I'm still finding ways to polish the style out. :D
I'm using this character as a "First Pass" before going ahead with all the other characters- so until I get this one to a decent style/quality, I'll continue itterating on it. :D

Thanks for bringing out the head. I thought it was just me. :P
I'm not 100% sure if it's the eyes or the size. :P But I'll ask some artist friends to help me figure out what's wrong with it. :D

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Personally I'd say it's both right now, but I think the eyes would work fine if they were shrunk along with his head. ^^

ClintHennesy

Villager
Xy$
Personally I'd say it's both right now, but I think the eyes would work fine if they were shrunk along with his head. ^^
Yep. Definitely going to re-do the character art. :D

Anyways- character art aside, I've manged to do a bit of work on the SPRITES over the weekend. We're using Caleb as a "First Pass/Style Test" since he's the most complete when it comes to concept. Here's how he looks like at the moment. :D

Caleb2_Sprite.png

This is really the first time I'm putting out work for my project out there- so the support you guys are giving are really pushing me to get this out. (Lol. I've been putting some art here and there- but I've been super secretive about actual projects cuz I was afraid my concepts/stories would be judged.)

:D :D :D

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$
Yep. Definitely going to re-do the character art. :D

Anyways- character art aside, I've manged to do a bit of work on the SPRITES over the weekend. We're using Caleb as a "First Pass/Style Test" since he's the most complete when it comes to concept. Here's how he looks like at the moment. :D

View attachment 4699

This is really the first time I'm putting out work for my project out there- so the support you guys are giving are really pushing me to get this out. (Lol. I've been putting some art here and there- but I've been super secretive about actual projects cuz I was afraid my concepts/stories would be judged.)

:D :D :D
Looking fantastic so far, I love the style :) Good Luck man!