Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Tavern - first DEMO

The Tavern - first DEMO 2016-07-27

No permission to download

Aureus

Villager
Aureus submitted a new resource:

The Tavern - first DEMO - A dark fantasy roleplaying adventure

Shalom, shalom!
I have finished creating the first demo of "The Tavern" - a dark fantasy roleplaying adventure. This demo includes the majority of first day of 3-day adventure and it's purpose is to discuss the overall value of the game with you.
My goal is to create a game which will be immersive like a visual novel, but at the same time interactive as an RPG.
Download the demo here!
Remember - you don't have to create a Dropbox account to download this...
Read more about this resource...

I finished replaying this yesterday. It shows a lot of promise and certainly makes you think about your next moves. What have I missed? Where is that? I'm looking forward to seeing more as it develops. :)

LunarB

Villager
Xy$
Hiya!
I recently downloaded this, and I figured I'd give you some feedback notes that I took on it. Brace yourself, it's full of pros and cons so don't be too discouraged. :)

BEWARE OF MINOR SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVEN'T PLAYED YET.

Pros:
  • Character backstories are quite well thought through.
  • Character behaviours consistent.
  • Excellent premise.
  • Encourages tonnes of exploration, tactical thinking, and caution.
  • A good sense of horror, thriller, and excitement.

Cons:
  • Camera movement at the beginning when entering the tavern vicinity is too fast.
  • No note-scribbling sound effect when the note was taken about the dress on the line, or the tree trunk blood clue.
  • Spelling and grammar mistakes are quite frequent and it can be quite off-putting.
  • The text content is a bit too informative. As in it points out things for the audience rather than getting the information through inferring/implication in context.

My conclusion is that you have a great basis for the game, and there are many great points about it, you just need to refine it more. It seems that you haven't posted in ages so either you've given up on it or you just haven't updated in an eternity. Either way, if you were to have this game continued, I would advise to heed the cons as guidance to improvement, and the pros as encouragement.

Aureus

Villager
Hello, LunarB! I wonder how have you found this old, embarrassingly old thread. "Embarrassingly", because the game should have been finished months ago but my bad health makes it impossible to complete it... I need about 15-20 hours to finish the first full version of the game and I hope I can do so in next couple of days, but I don't have much to say in this area. : (

Thank you very much for your criticism and I want you to know I took care of most of these issues and I will try to improve the rest of them as much as I can.

I'm honored you decided to invest your time in testing this old demo and I hope you'll be glad if I tell you the game got much larger, more complex and coherent (at least I believe so ; )) since I released the version you had contact with. : ) The graphics are better as well. ; )

LunarB

Villager
Xy$
Bad health? May I enquire?
I'm really glad you've been working on it throughout this time!

I look forward to playing the full version.
(facepalm)

Aureus

Villager
The game is almost finished. : )

I don't plan to spam here all the time, so if you are still interested in the game, feel free to follow us on Twitter.

@LunarB - you may want to know that the issues you pointed out are, I believe, all fixed. : ) If you would like to beta test the current version of the game, send me a PM. ; )