Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The goof's livestreaming update thread.

Iron Croc

I eat my fries with fire.
Xy$
if no one shows up, there is no point..
Wrong.

If no one shows up to a stream, you KEEP GOING. You put out the very best content you possibly can in order to build a reliable library of GOOD content that might even have re-watch value. You have to put yourself out there. Go watch other people's stream WITHOUT talking about your own. Show interest in other people if you don't already. Eventually, this--coupled with your own good content-- will bring you more viewers.

If no one's watching, treat it as if it were a tutorial, maybe.
"I'm gonna do this, and now I'm doing this, and now I'm doing this. Oh cool! That happened."

Or if you're playing a game, give the normal commentary you normally would.

But stopping a stream simply because "no one showed up" is a very poor practice. At least give it an hour or so. (This is coming from someone who frequently puts out four to five hour streams) Maybe 30 minutes is more your thing if you like teeny tiny streams. Whatever works for you.

But in this social world, you need to give to get. Also have faith. Building a following--especially a faithful one--takes time. :)
-endrant

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
I think he mainly stopped because his bandwidth is very slow during the day and he knew viewers are going to be slim or non existent because of that. I do like your "Fire and Forget" method though. He can just stream because he loves doing it and not think about the audience, and if no one shows up, he can save the stream for people to watch in the future.