Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Terrax Lighting System] - How do I remove the "black" part?

DrakeLolz

Villager
Xy$
As I browse around the great and powerful interwebz, I've been on a quest to locate a lighting plugin of some sort. Then, all fingers pointed to a plugin called Terrax Lighting System. I was like "Yeah, let's go!" The features seems nice, I like it, it might work well but, then I come across an issue that might cause problems. The only thing I want from it is the lighting portion of it. I do not want or need the fade out effect or the black screen that covers everything that's not a lighting source. This causes issues with Mog Hunter's Time System, day and night cycles, etc. I've tried using the Terrax Lighting System's own day and night system but, that just doesn't seem to work. It appears to be waaaaay too difficult trying to string variables and/or switches together and it's a headache.

Pretty much the goal is, it's to use the tint screen to determine the time of the day followed by a clock and whatnot. When it dims, then light posts would light up, headlights on a car turns on, house lights turns on, y'know. Make's it all atmospheric. Or, it can be something like, a specific light wouldn't be noticeable until the tint screen makes it darker and stuff. I feel people may have found a way around this so if you have any ideas on how to resolve the issue, I'd love you forever ;-;
[doublepost=1464019109,1463544802][/doublepost]bump

MistyDay

Adventurer
Xy$
hmhmhm,
I am using terrax too and I think there is not such a possibility use light effect during day. (any light event on map starts script what bring darkness to the rest of map).
Only chance is using its daylight cycle as you wrote, but I did not tried it...

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
I have the same plugin but I don't know how it works. Maybe @LTN Games can help you? Surely. Maybe. Hopefully.

You could also just use a different light map plugin that works without "black mask". I know moghunters plugins, you'll rather search a new light plugin than change from moghunters to someone elses plugins. I'll search some up later when i have time ;)

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I'm pretty sure your best bet is to either switch plugins or just lower the value of the main light by using the plugin command Tint Set
eg: Tint set #0d0d0d .
Orange day/night system and his lighting plugin will work with regular MV tints but Terrax lighting plugin does not unfortunately.