Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tales of the Lumminai  Demo (MAC)

Tales of the Lumminai Demo (MAC) Direct v0.40

No permission to download

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Sinnistar submitted a new resource:

Tales of the Lumminai (MAC) - Here's the mac version for TOTL's demo. I'll update both versions each time it needs it.

TOTL now supports MAC! A note of advice though, I cannot test this personally so I will not be able to know what's wrong if anything is. Please share any bugs and such you find with me so that I can fix them up! But yeah, this version is untested (although it should be fine too since the windows version works great) since none of my team can test mac versions.

The Game:

Tales of the Lumminai is a dark fantasy rpg set in two parallel worlds. As the player, you get to choose which world to...
Read more about this resource...

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Are files missing? Because when I opened it, it simply said that the title image is missing.
Hm...It shouldn't be. I'll try reuploading but not checking the "unused files excluding" thing and maybe that will fix it. It may have considered though unused due to them being used by a plugin, so yeah that would be a problem if so. I'll update this immediately for ya. Lemme know if this fixes it!

Note: This is going to raise the file size by like 200mb...Not sure how to avoid it if stripping it is removing vital files that are required to even launch it x.x

Last edited:

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Sinnistar updated Tales of the Lumminai Demo (MAC) with a new update entry:

Tales of the Lumminai (MAC) *Unstripped*

Reuploaded due to vital files being stripped from this version for some reason (stripping it doesn't do this for windows heh so had no idea it would here.) Anyway, nothing should be missing now, but that also means the file size is almost doubled due to all the unused assets still being in the files. Should be playable at least now though! Let me know if there are anymore issues with this version.
Read the rest of this update entry...

Jazeeri

Villager
Xy$
Downloaded the files for mac and Error: Fail to load img/titles/background

:(

There is a png in the file called missing image.png it's just a question mark. It's near the bottom of the
contents.
[doublepost=1463483297,1463482838][/doublepost]upload_2016-5-17_7-8-2.png

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Downloaded the files for mac and Error: Fail to load img/titles/background

:(

There is a png in the file called missing image.png it's just a question mark. It's near the bottom of the
contents.
I don't understand tbh. I can see the image you're talking about, but there shouldn't be one there lol. The background is called by the title plugin, which should call for it from the Titles 1 folder not that directory there. It's confusing since that's not something it does for Windows.

However, since it's saying that one is missing from that region I'm gonna try reuploading it after manually putting the image it's trying to get into that spot. It's a long shot that this will work but tbh it's all I can think of. The image is in the Titles 1 folder in the mac version, I just checked to make sure everything was there and it all appears to be there. I went through each individual folder looking for the "missing image.png" one lol and found that so I put the image there too. But ultimately, I think just adding a folder titled "titles" should do the trick and just putting the images used for that plugin in those.

I did that, so lemme know if the issue persists! Sorry you're still unable to play it x.x Mac is not my forte it's obvious lol. I'm uploading the updated version now.

Jazeeri

Villager
Xy$
Woot great, will down load it and see. I was wondering if I just put an image in it's place if it would work but didn't want to mess with it :)
I hope it works too! thanks!

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Woot great, will down load it and see. I was wondering if I just put an image in it's place if it would work but didn't want to mess with it :)
I hope it works too! thanks!
If you want to try doing that, the image it's looking for is in titles 1 named "background" it's like a ocean front thingy. Simply copying and pasting that to where it's giving the error may fix it, but yeah the updated version will have a new folder named titles in case it actually needs a "titles" folder instead of the "titles 1" folder that the images are in. (titles 1 works fine on the windows version, but it may require a more specific name for the mac idk how Mac works lol so could be as simple as that.)

Edit: I totally just realized, this was the exact same issue the first person had lol. I misunderstood, but yeah I think it will work with the new folder (or at least it should in theory work). If something's still missing I'll have to seriously look into the files image by image lol.

Last edited:

Jazeeri

Villager
Xy$
So, this is what happens now, it's more specific:

upload_2016-5-17_10-22-1.png

The only thing I have in titles1 is fountain.png. I am hoping this will help you. I don't see any other
images, except that missing image png at the bottom of the list is still there.

Also, the only ocean png I see in the contents are the images in the parallax folder.

Last edited:

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
well damn x.x something is happening with the rar zipping then...That's very wierd...because after outputting the game I can still access the files and they're all there as shown below. Everything shows up just fine there. This may be happening purely due to something I have no control over like the file transfer to this forums. So, what I'll do to try preventing this is upload a zipped folder containing everything in titles1 and see if you can just copy that over into the titles1 that comes with it. I'm not sure this will work but it should make some difference since the images are what's disappearing somehow in the transfer from me < this forums < you. But yeah, I actually see all of the files in the output folder where the mac version is all in that app.nw folder after opening resources. lol Mac has to be so complex x.x

I'll get ya a link to my mediafire where the images will be. Hopefully this works...cause if it don't I'm not sure what's causing this...So, place the contents of the unzipped folder into the directory game.app > contents > resources > app.nw > img > titles1 and it should work...that is if you have that entire directory lol. I'm not sure how you're seeing it since it's apparently different then how I am. Anyhow, here's the link to the missing images.
https://www.mediafire.com/?6qjuqno9wpia5gp

Lemme know what happens next lol

Jazeeri

Villager
Xy$
YAY it works! It's odd that all those files were missing from the folder. I wonder if it's a bug of some kind? And why missing from there?
And was it because you used the exclude unused files on deployment? Well thank you! I am curious to play your game and see how my
first project stacks up (it's not really done yet but I figure I am about half way now.) I love your assortment of Icons and wonder if they are open source or usable (borrowable) and if so, who to credit?

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
YAY it works! It's odd that all those files were missing from the folder. I wonder if it's a bug of some kind? And why missing from there?
And was it because you used the exclude unused files on deployment? Well thank you! I am curious to play your game and see how my
first project stacks up (it's not really done yet but I figure I am about half way now.) I love your assortment of Icons and wonder if they are open source or usable (borrowable) and if so, who to credit?
Awesome! I think it's just some bug between uploading on here tbh. I say this because the zipped contents has the folder in it. I actually unzipped it myself to double check and it was all there. So something has caused that particular folder to vanish during uploading to here. Problematic for sure lol, but at least we have a sort of bandaid approach for now lol.

I actually didn't exclude any of the unused files during the second upload (since I had thought that was causing it to begin with but it wasn't). The icons used currently in the project are actually from someone else combining all of Yanfly's icons with several of the RPG Maker defaults. You can find that particular icon set on this forum actually xP. It's the one that says it has over a thousand icons (which it totally does). I am working on a custom set though for the game and I'll upload that when finished as well for free use! But yeah, if you want to use that, you'd have to credit Yanfly and whoever combined them for this forum I believe, not me though lol as I didn't do anything for those.

Jazeeri

Villager
Xy$
Okay my next question, is there any music? I hear waterfalls, and sound effects but no music in battle or while in the forest. Is working as intended or am I missing music now? I don't mind the quiet but wonder if it's as intended :)

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Okay my next question, is there any music? I hear waterfalls, and sound effects but no music in battle or while in the forest. Is working as intended or am I missing music now? I don't mind the quiet but wonder if it's as intended :)
Currently the only BGM in the game is on the Ranch in chapter 2 and the vision in chapter 3. We are still working on the soundtrack so much of it is missing for now. xD It's intentional, no worries! I actually mentioned this in the "things to note" spoiler on the main page lol. But yeah, nothing's missing on that front.

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
how do you do the quests?
There's currently no way to do the Guild Tasks. It's a system that's still very much a WIP so that part's not there yet. There are however some side quests you can do by talking to NPC's around the current world. xP It has some fun interactions with those too.