Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Starting Point for Java???

Zeefles

Villager
Xy$
I would really like to learn how Java scripting can be used to make my games shine! What is a good starting point to using Java script in practical ways?

So far all I have done is defined variables with "snippets" I believe...

Anyway, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
If you have basic knowledge of any programming language then all you really need to start learning is the syntax and understanding objects. Javascript is basically all objects. There have been some great javascript programmers here who created tutorials that I find a good starting point. I'd recommend starting in our community over in this forum https://rpgmakermv.co/forums/script-tutorials.32/ There are a couple pinned topics that I find is all you need to get your hands wet, but this forum is filled with good info to get you started. Any questions you have you can always ask in our Javascript Support forum, I'm usually answering questions and we have a few other programmers who stop by and answer when they can. Learning to make your own plugins is the best way to make good custom feeling games. Enjoy.

Just a side note on this topic make sure you understand that java and javascript are different languages, by different companies for different purposes. They're similar but not similar enough to confuse them and still be all the useful.

Zeefles

Villager
Xy$
Just a side note on this topic make sure you understand that java and javascript are different languages, by different companies for different purposes. They're similar but not similar enough to confuse them and still be all the useful.
Thankyou, I just read that while playing that game you posted haha