Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Staff Banning/warning users for no reasons?

Have you every been on a Forum where you have been warned or banned for doing nothing. Well Yes I have actually and I am sure many users have there are a few forums out there that ban and warns users for no reasons. I had an experience where I just said why that staff member of my forum then warns me and note said "way". Another time I got banned because an staff argued my grammar isn't perfect lol. These are just a few times I have been on a Forum this has happened to me.

Last edited:

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Sometimes moderation, and the staff position goes to their head. Other times it's because they have the whole "what I say goes" mentality. Sadly, communities are ran by individuals and sometimes that individual isn't the best person. I personally don't think I've been banned or warned without a good reason. I've been banned from a game for something I didn't do, but not on a forum.

Sometimes moderation, and the staff position goes to their head. Other times it's because they have the whole "what I say goes" mentality. Sadly, communities are ran by individuals and sometimes that individual isn't the best person. I personally don't think I've been banned or warned without a good reason. I've been banned from a game for something I didn't do, but not on a forum.
I feel even game banning is the same as getting banned on a forum or website. I noticed its mostly done by a Moderator who is new or very rarely an Admin.