Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spare Steam Keys

I have a number of spare Steam keys for VX Ace and resource packs (as well as some Game Guru stuff), but I don't just want to GIVE them away. Maybe I will to anyone who's interested, depending on certain things.

So I'm looking for ideas on how best to "win" them. Ideas for competitions, promotions, etc. Maybe a few collab contests here (next year I'm planning on having an RMMV contest to win the maker itself, maybe with some resources as well).

I already held a "design a logo" contest on RPG Maker Times with RMVXA and Luna Engine (Winner), Character Game Hub (Second Prize) and Rural Farm Tiles Resource DLC (Runner-up).

@legendreef1 You'd be surprised. The competition I ran had around 80 entries to win a copy. Quite a number of people still have VXA and can't quite afford the $80-ish for a new Maker. (That was the result of a survey I did.) Besides, I don't just have VXA, I have a lot of other RPG Maker and game related stuff (as I mentioned). And if it's something that's FREE (with a little bit of work), who can argue with that?!

legendreef1

Towns Guard
@legendreef1 You'd be surprised. The competition I ran had around 80 entries to win a copy. Quite a number of people still have VXA and can't quite afford the $80-ish for a new Maker. (That was the result of a survey I did.) Besides, I don't just have VXA, I have a lot of other RPG Maker and game related stuff (as I mentioned). And if it's something that's FREE (with a little bit of work), who can argue with that?!
what else rpg is good beside game maker, and unity .... I think anything not rpgace or vx is okay to have

what else rpg is good beside game maker, and unity
Game Guru and UE. I don't know about Unity, never used it (probably won't either). VXA had some limitations when compared to VX, yes, like a downgrade, but I found it much better in other areas. Some people like it, some people hate it. Ultimately, it's an individual choice on whether to grab the giveaway stuff or not.