Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spanish

Axel

Villager
Xy$
I was just looking for resources when I found this site and because I know a little english it's how I understood where was everything and what is this page about, but It just helps a little group of people ---> English speakers.

I think (and my experience says you're not gonna agree with me because there are no Spanish speakers) that it would be great if this site (some day (I hope soon) ) get some spanish speaker staff and an interface wrote in spanish (and in case that there is already one, promote it more, because when you search in the net this is the only one that offers free MV resources as well as plugins (there are 3 or 4 sites that only offer plugins (some for free some purchased) ) ).

Thanks for your time. :)

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Hey :D
English is not my first language either (I only know some basic stuff from school). I think the site is in English bc it's the most spoken language in the world (next to French, Chinese, Spanish, etc). If there are any problems with English people can use google translate. Idk if it helps when we translate the interface? Maybe we could translate the wiki pages in different languages and point people who don't understand English there :D

In worst case you can still google translate the whole website, it helps ;) I don't know much Spanish. Only a few numbers, helo, thanks and such xD Can't help you much there :x

Axel

Villager
Xy$
@Cunechan Where are you from??

Pretty good idea.
We could translate it and just point everyone to it's respective language from a principal site where they select their languaje.

And as you say in worst case there is google translate but spanish speakers that know nothing about English (in my experience) is better to point them to an spanish site than read their posts (that's torture for my eyes and my spanish self-esteem), at least until they learn how to do it in english.

You and I could create the translations to our language and give it to the ones who take care of the site it's self so they can create the site in that languages. Would you help me??

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Unfortunately I do not see this being a viable option as the resources are created by the community, and ran by such. This being said you wouldn't be able to change the languages of their posts. We might be able to change the language of the site in another theme to Spanish, however in doing that it'd take a LOT of time, and we'd have to then do it for every major language. This is something that I don't see happening in the foreseeable future. As stated, google translate is a great tool for non english speakers, and it comes built into Google Chrome, I'm overseas and it works wonders on google, yahoo, etc. that is automatically in another language other than english right now.

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
I'm from Germany^^

I think we could do that but we should ask MJ and @Xyphien first. But I'm not sure if it would make too much sense for the forum itselves since all the threads are written in English. But for the directions and ressources, that would be an idea

Axel

Villager
Xy$
Unfortunately I do not see this being a viable option as the resources are created by the community, and ran by such. This being said you wouldn't be able to change the languages of their posts. We might be able to change the language of the site in another theme to Spanish, however in doing that it'd take a LOT of time, and we'd have to then do it for every major language. This is something that I don't see happening in the foreseeable future. As stated, google translate is a great tool for non english speakers, and it comes built into Google Chrome, I'm overseas and it works wonders on google, yahoo, etc. that is automatically in another language other than english right now.
@Xyphien @Cunechan YOu're right Xyphien, I can't translate the threads, it would take me so much time, but who said that it would be done in 1 day?? I'm not asking to create a spanish (or other language) version of the site for tomorrow, thinks like that take time that's why it is called EVOLUTION, EXPANDING YOUR HORIZONS, INCREASING THE SITE'S REACH. We can even ask the owners of the resources for permission to re-upload their resources giving them the respective credits translating thier threads, I can do it myself if you want, but that's why this is called a COMMUNITY everyone helping everyone and making the site grow bigger and bigger. But before asking anybody we need that site done.

And what I meant in using Google Translate wasn't that google translate is a bad translator, it is pretty good, but in spanish-english and english-spanish translations it is not "human" when you try to translate long texts, it has too many mistakes, surely because spanish is too difficult to be spoken and translated for non spanish speakers and sometimes even for spanish speakers is a little difficult to understand some spanish idioms (that's surely why it is supposed to be the most difficult language in the whole world).

Thanks for your opinion but the viability is not based in what language is the site but in how much people joins it and bring new resources, new ideas, etc.

GYIYGABITE

Villager
Xy$
I was just looking for resources when I found this site and because I know a little english it's how I understood where was everything and what is this page about, but It just helps a little group of people ---> English speakers.

I think (and my experience says you're not gonna agree with me because there are no Spanish speakers) that it would be great if this site (some day (I hope soon) ) get some spanish speaker staff and an interface wrote in spanish (and in case that there is already one, promote it more, because when you search in the net this is the only one that offers free MV resources as well as plugins (there are 3 or 4 sites that only offer plugins (some for free some purchased) ) ).

Thanks for your time. :)
Estas de suerte. Castellano es mi lengauje nativo. Con gusto, ayudo en lo que puedo. Aún soy nuevo con el RPG Maker MV. Espero que me sale bién mi proyecto.

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
Estas de suerte...
You're lucky. Castilian is my native language. Gladly, I help as I can. I'm still new to the RPG Maker MV. I hope I get my project well.

This is an international English-speaking forum, for whom many do not have English as their first language. Please ensure that ,if posting in your native tongue, to include an English translation, for the benefit of all. Perfect fluency is not required; often even a Google translation will be good enough, but it's simple courtesy to enable all to understand the posts here.
Thanks in advance for your comprehension and cooperation in future.