Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sooo...

so what is everyones initial thoughts so far that was able to pre order download? ... have to say I'm liking it .. little disappointed with the android support but its easily work aroundable

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
It's great so far, I'm really tired, so wont be able to explain my detailed thoughts but in general its nice, mapping is nice, though I will need to get used to the large size, the plugins are silly lol, I don't like not having a script editor within the rm editor itself, but I can deal with it. I hardly played with character generator, just been mapping and taking a peak at everything.

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Didn't try it out every features after being deadly tired to figure it out why I had to much difficulty to install my software. Once installed, I closed down afterwared to go skyping instead xD

Tu Chau

Knight
Everything is good so far but I'm a little disappointed with the android/iOS deployment. I thought I could do that with some simple clicks then boom, an apk file so I could have a game to test while laying on my warm bed. Unfortunately T_T, to get there it requires a bit longer way...

Cloud Knight

Praised Adventurer
ughhhhhhhhhhhh, the android one at least they provide a solution. to and it does work you just need extra work. but the one thing that i'm very disappointed and sorta angry about, is there's no more input resources. if you want to import any resources, you got to do that manually. by copying and pasting into your new project's folder... sigh that's a step backwards from ace.
whatever

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
Everything is good so far but I'm a little disappointed with the android/iOS deployment. I thought I could do that with some simple clicks then boom, an apk file so I could have a game to test while laying on my warm bed. Unfortunately T_T, to get there it requires a bit longer way...
Well, you do not have to use Crosswalk to do this. you can use Cordova or Adobe Phonegap Build, or maby many more solutions.
They all use Cordova so you can just pick. I will be using Phonegap Build.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
if you want to import any resources, you got to do that manually. by copying and pasting into your new project's folder... sigh that's a step backwards from ace.
whatever
See this to me is not an issue, with Ace I always copied my resources to a folder....but It may be a feature of the steam version because of the DLCs and all...or not who knows?, but I'm happy with what MV is in terms of resolution, and javascriptt and bigger tiles, sprites, other than that it's just an amped up Ace lol. :D

TheGoof

Knight
Xy$
No real complains, and since i pre ordered it, i got tons of awesome extras!
And if you don't... you only get a few songs if you did not pre order... like .. not many songs at all..
I feel bad for folks who'll buy it later..

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I been going through the codebase, and I am pretty excited at how organized it is lol and surprisingly I can read it lol I should be able to make some quick and easy scripts in no time. I hope to convert most of my current scripts into plugins in a few weeks :D .

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I'm still trying to figure out how to edit the java scripts..
Edit the actual code? I use Sublime Text and open the plugin( Javascript file) in that. All the code will show up. I'm personally dissapointed there is not script editor in MV itself,.

TheGoof

Knight
Xy$
Edit the actual code? I use Sublime Text and open the plugin( Javascript file) in that. All the code will show up. I'm personally disappointed there is not script editor in MV itself,.
Thanks for the information, i got it downloaded and installed.
That does work, i'm adjusting the animations for running, cause is it stands, when the player runs, the animations or .. wait time between frames when running does not change if much.
I'm correcting the "issue".

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Thanks for the information, i got it downloaded and installed.
That does work, i'm adjusting the animations for running, cause is it stands, when the player runs, the animations or .. wait time between frames when running does not change if much.
I'm correcting the "issue".
Awsome, glad I could help. When your done with your plugin/snippet you should share it in the resource section, you will have the first MV Plugin on this site :D

So... apparently you can't get the Mac version until the Steam release? All I got was a .bin and .exe that won't work on this Macbook. I don't have a Steam account, never have; do I need to make one to get this? As a non-Steam user, I'm hoping I can just download it from the site... is that right? Or do I have to get a Steam app and use that to load it up every time?

TheGoof

Knight
Xy$
So... apparently you can't get the Mac version until the Steam release? All I got was a .bin and .exe that won't work on this Macbook. I don't have a Steam account, never have; do I need to make one to get this? As a non-Steam user, I'm hoping I can just download it from the site... is that right? Or do I have to get a Steam app and use that to load it up every time?
You sadly have to wait, i was just over at RMW and the head folks said there's an issue with mac.. they're having to iron it out so Mac downloads will come later.. and the only option until then is Steam..
Steam has to run in the background...
And it has to run each time you run MV...
Sorry you're having this issue.
[doublepost=1445607341,1445606598][/doublepost]DAMMIT! SUBLIME COSTS MONEY! GAHhhhhhh!!
Anyone know anything free i can use?

TheGoof

Knight
Xy$
Thankyou!
I'm trying to wrap my mind around JS.
It's not like ruby, and there is information not there... anyhow.. wrong thread for this.. thanks for helping! ^^

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
anyhow.. wrong thread for this.. thanks for helping! ^^
You're right lol, if you have any further questions, go ahead and post a new thread in MV Support, I will be checking out this discusion quite often over the next few weeks so I will more than likely help you out if you need it.

Back on topic.. More inital thoughts. Well lets just say I tried converting some tilesets from ace to MV and I don't like the degradation that occurs, it's unfortunate that we only get RTP for a little while but I will live. Also anyone else notice the small amount of lag, it takes a few seconds to open database, the mapping is a bit slow responding as well. The tile size is going to be somehthing different to get used to thats for sure lol. I may just stick with scripting in MV for now, because I there really is nothing in it that I care about at the moment lol.