Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Site loading speeds

Okay, so this topic has been done to hell and dropped like it was nothing, I left for a while, been busy helping Omegas7 with Primrose and working on my projects.

But to the problem at hand, I spend at least 2 minutes waiting for a page to load, and sometimes I even have to refresh the page before I can actually see it. I'm tempted to make a video of this in the happeneing.

The loading time is a major hindrance for me, and if it's a problem for new users they might not even say so, they could just be leaving. I'm not trying to be negative, but there is not positive to waiting 2 minutes for a page to load and then still not being able to view multiple topics at once.

Where abouts do you live and what is your internet speed?

Maybe I'm just lucky with just over 86mb down on speed test and living in the U.K.

Okay well when I go on to More Tools->Developer Tools->Network and hit F5... the page contents loads in 1.27 and the time for the local copy to process this is 1.08 minutes leading to an overall time of 2.19s for the page to load.

This post is only 154kb so there are no issues with the page contents being too big. Be interested in anyone elses results and if anyone else can provide their own times.

Update: Also if the host can confirm where the servers are located.

Last edited: