Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Should I change my name?

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
So, I've had Xyphien for years now and for some reason I'm thinking about changing my name to NecroSummoner. What do y'all think of that? Do you think Xyphien is good, or do you think NecroSummoner would be cooler or something? (cute)

Xilefian

Adventurer
Xy$
As the administrator of the forum, you've made yourself a brand around your username. Changing it now would be a bit strange, especially changing it to a generic common name "NecroSummoner".

I think keep the more unique name of Xyphien.

Usernames that begin with a "Xy" sound, have a "ph" sound in the middle and ends with an "ee-uhn" sound are usually names that belong to awesome, fantastic, intelligent people who are also rather handsome.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I remember when I was thinking of changing my avatar, and you and others said no, that is how so many know you.. Changing a name might be a little risky, especially if the avatar is changed too. There is always going to be one major distinction between you, and the rest. You have that 'owner' description. Would you also change the avatar to the one on Discord?