Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Search Members / Useful forum edits. *take two*

trapless

Villager
Xy$
------------( 1 )
Search members exist without them posting? If not, why? If so, how?

------------( 2)

It makes sense to have the main stickys in this board because they are help related.
I believe Other board would benifite greatly by having thier own set of relative stickys.

The main help stickys could be collapsed into one link with fine print previews. A toplist of deemed most helpful topics of the board being viewed could then fit nicely at the top. That would be really useful for me. Another way to solve it would be to add a better sort option. A sort drop down that would allow "like, helpful, informative, agree, etc.." would be extra helpful. "Replies and View" could be comined into the same dropdown with the other filter. They already share the same display space. Since they are listed vertically with some room to spare, the selected filter, if not "replies or views" coul be listed atop of them in <div class="listBlock stats pairsJustified"....>. I would go with this Option AND collapse the help stickys (maybe not contest and the contest prize sticky, definitly not the prize sticky...)when not in "Forums Community Center FORUM Feedback, Suggestions, and Help".

|--------- HELP Stickys! -- Read Please! -------------|
- The Rules (Read Before Posting), Resource Rules, Important Links, MV Resource Link List -

|----------------------------------------------------------------|

Would be pretty cool~~

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Hey, thanks for the feedback! (cheeky)

As for 1, I'm not 100% sure what you mean, but if you go to the members tab, there's an option to search for members.

As for 2, I agree, it'd be nice for different boards to have stickied topics specific to them. I'm not sure about adding sort filters using reactions to posts, though, because that would make for a lot of uneccessary options, imo. (Also yes, it would be super nice to be able to collapse the forum-wide stickied topics.)

trapless

Villager
Xy$
Well... shame on me, It sure is. I imagine my brain skipped it because I went to that page specifically to search if a member existed. I didn't image that such an important feature would be cast to the side. It's barely on screen when when the page loads for me.
If i find another issue, i'll take a nap and double check it before posting about it. thanks.

about the sort filters, nothing is neccessary. It's nice for the poster to see that people have seen his post sure. Who else does it serve? I'd would far more oftenly rather see post that were marked helpfull.