Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rpg Maker MZ review

Jodis

Adventurer
Xy$
Well I downloaded the trial and looked at it. Not much there for me to get it. One thing too many bugs. Look for yourself RPG Maker MZ Feedback | RPG Maker Forums (rpgmakerweb.com).
The next thing was the better coloring what a joke. I took one of the tilesets to test out the coloring to mv it looked the same. I looked at the generator files and found out there is not one gradient file there is 4 well at least hear it will be easer to change the colors. but better coloring. No the colors are the same just put mv and mz up and look at the chara gen your self the out put on color is the same. Now I will say the pixel artist is really good i like this persons work. Much better than the one who did mv.

The reason I get when looking at the programs side by side and why it was not an upgrade is the memory it takes for mz to run after all the new stuff they added like the layering is back,
You can't deploy to linux systems with mz.

Mz:
  • CPU: Intel Core i3-4340 or better
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 8 GB
Mv:
  • Processor: INTEL Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz
  • RAM: 2 GB
  • Video Memory: 512 MB
So if you don't have a biffy computer don't get it.
If you do want it wait tell the bugs are out, keep looking at the link I posted to see for the bugs. This will save you a headache.
You could get it for the art work and chara generation files. Then move them over tell the bugs are out.
But using it to its full advantage atm I would not recommend it. You will get a headache.

I have worked on rpgmaker sense xp and every time they have a new version the same thing happens bug city. The price
they want for all the bugs I will not get it. Because i will have a program I will not use, then have to take the tilesets and edit them
because they are set for a layer system and make them work for mv. The price is not worth it to me. If I am going to buy it at that price
I want to use the program.

Also if I did get it and move all the tiles over it would offset the rest of my tiles they would not look the same.
like my swamp tiles would not fit with the new set. or my ship. The wood style is different.

To me at this time I will not get it.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Very good review, thank you for taking the time to write this out. I'll probably end up waiting on MZ myself. At least for a sale which will happen eventually on steam.

Jodis

Adventurer
Xy$
Got an update on Mz review I am making a game for my mom on her request. I need Native charas so I was messing in the generator and saw a problem in mv i didn't like. Looked every were for a fix and didn't find one then I said wait I have mz demo Lets see if that is fixed in it. Hear is the result of it.

Mz vs Mv.png
Mv on top Mz on bottom if u look at the sideview area were the back arm is on both charas there is a shadow problem with the top
in mv and not in mz. So this must be the color change they were talking about not in the gradient but in the files them selves.

So the color fix in in the chara files not the program or the gradient. Glad I will have both Mv and Mz so I can move the generator
parts over and have the guys with mohawks and long hair. Mz guys don't have it. I like this change so now we can have tribes men with
out that shadow problam.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I've always enjoyed SRD's videos. Energetic, engaging, and fun!
When it came to RM's content creators I always tended to stick with @TheUnproPro personally. I don't like energetic tutorials as a personal (I'm trying to learn and don't wont someone giddy and speaking super fast so I have to replay it 9 times to understand what to do) type of thing.)

But nonetheless glad you got it working.

When it came to RM's content creators I always tended to stick with @TheUnproPro personally. I don't like energetic tutorials as a personal (I'm trying to learn and don't wont someone giddy and speaking super fast so I have to replay it 9 times to understand what to do)
Fair point! I think I was just equally frustrated with Yanfly's story mode wait fest in their's. It was refreshing to just see someone explain what the thing does instead of insert minutes of dialogue.

Like the cooking recipes that include their grandmother's life story lol.