Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RPG Maker MV Tutorial series

Make a common event call it Dice Roll D20: Contents: (optional show animation), Control Variables: (pick any variable location) Operation: SET Operand: Random 1 ~ 20, Show text: You roll a D20 and the number comes up as a \v[7]. change the #7 to the number location that you are using for your control variable. Then in the gambling system event call on that common event by using the 1st page under Flow Control.

Make a common event call it Dice Roll D20: Contents: (optional show animation), Control Variables: (pick any variable location) Operation: SET Operand: Random 1 ~ 20, Show text: You roll a D20 and the number comes up as a \v[7]. change the #7 to the number location that you are using for your control variable. Then in the gambling system event call on that common event by using the 1st page under Flow Control.
What do you mean location. Like the name of a variable or the number of the variable?14484297382021207451631.jpg 14484297382021207451631.jpg

Location is the number that goes before its 'name'
[doublepost=1448430938,1448430889][/doublepost]so in that last pic you named the variable in location 21 '1' You only need one variable to do the d20 roll, not 20 variables.

clark

Villager
Xy$
i just wanted to say thanks, it was because of your youtube videos i realized i could use yanfly's skill learn system in my game through lunatic mode --- everything costs experience, it was the clip showing the upgrade hp - many thanks.