Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RPG Maker Halloween Challenge! ($10 Steam Card Reward)

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We still have a couple hours before the deadline. Typically the voters play all game submissions. And then we usually put a poll for members to vote for the best game. After a week, we know who wins. @TheUnproPro knows how he is going to do it, so I like you, am waiting to hear.

JoePie

Towns Guard
@Ike No you're not XD

Some question. Can I put a link outside of forum, which link back to our resource page? I'm thinking of making a play through vid with link put under description. Thanks.

Minakill

Towns Guard
Xy$
@Ike No you're not XD

Some question. Can I put a link outside of forum, which link back to our resource page? I'm thinking of making a play through vid with link put under description. Thanks.
Yes you can William did it when make music review videos and resources review videos.

Orange Jones

Towns Guard
20 minutes to go and I'm struggling with the uploader... I have a "game.exe" file but I'm getting the error that that's not a permitted extension?

Edit: it's asking for a "customised file" but I have no idea what that is. RPG Maker MV will only export to a .exe or the mac equivalent as far as I can tell. Apologies if I'm being especially dense and missing something obvious.

Edit edit: http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=123736 I've uploaded it to one of the first file hosting results on google, until I can figure out what I'm doing wrong with this forum's uploads. Slightly buggy but just in time?

Last edited:

Nite Umbrium

Towns Guard
Xy$
I am uploading it now but it's so slow. What happens if it doesn't finish before midnight?

EDIT: Just realized I was submitting it here instead of the forum provided. Is that okay? I don't have time to wait another 7 or so minutes.
[doublepost=1476850132,1476849605][/doublepost]I have finally finished my game! Omg I was freaking out because I thought I wouldn't finish in time. The compression is taking so long! Ahh!
Now it's taking a long time to upload! I am about to cry.

Attachments

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
I am uploading it now but it's so slow. What happens if it doesn't finish before midnight?

EDIT: Just realized I was submitting it here instead of the forum provided. Is that okay? I don't have time to wait another 7 or so minutes.
[doublepost=1476850132,1476849605][/doublepost]I have finally finished my game! Omg I was freaking out because I thought I wouldn't finish in time. The compression is taking so long! Ahh!
20 minutes to go and I'm struggling with the uploader... I have a "game.exe" file but I'm getting the error that that's not a permitted extension?

Edit: it's asking for a "customised file" but I have no idea what that is. RPG Maker MV will only export to a .exe or the mac equivalent as far as I can tell. Apologies if I'm being especially dense and missing something obvious.

Edit edit: http://www.fast-files.com/getfile.aspx?file=123736 I've uploaded it to one of the first file hosting results on google, until I can figure out what I'm doing wrong with this forum's uploads. Slightly buggy but just in time?
Since you two didn't submit your games as a resource on the website, it can't be counted because the downloads can't be measured :/ I'll extend the time of me posting the voting post, giving you two a chance to read this, I only hope you come online to read it before I make it :P
[doublepost=1476879915][/doublepost]

Actually I'll go ahead and count yours =)

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
Maybe I do things too simply, I don't know. I deploy to target (Windows or Mac_OSX...), then 'zip' the entire resulting folder, which contains everything. The 'zip' file can be uploaded to pretty well everywhere, with no bother, and folks can then download, un-pack and play. Is there anything I've missed..?