Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RPG Maker Halloween Challenge! ($10 Steam Card Reward)

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
[CLOSED] Voting has started! :D https://rpgmakermv.co/threads/halloween-contest-voting.5420/

UPDATE: The winnings have increased, the winner will now get a $20 steam gift card instead.

UPDATE 2: Lore pitched in a prize for the runner up! Second place winner will now get a copy of Plague INC: Evolved!

Are you ready for a SPOOKY challenge? Compete in this challenge for a chance to win a $10 $20 steam gift card, as well as a special something from the admin himself, @Xyphien!

The goal:
Within 1 week, make a short, complete horror game!
The Rules:
You must use an RPG maker engine of some kind, and it must be able to be played by people who judge! Submit your game via replying to this forum.

Judging:
Judging can be done by anybody! After 1 week is up, I'll create another post where you'll be able to vote from a poll with all of the submitted games! You can still vote for someone elses game even if you have submitted a game yourself. You can also simply vote for your own game.

The voting will last for about 1 week as well, giving everybody a fair amount of time to play the submitted games. The voting will close 1 week from October 18th, and by then the winner will be selected.

So then, have fun!

DEADLINE:
Tuesday, October 18th
Submissions end exactly at Midnight Eastern Time.

--COMPLETE GAMES--
Halloween Board Game by Dad3353
Skelee's Halloween Adventure (Win/Mac) by MinisterJay
Clown Ghetto by Minakill (Click here if you can't dl it)
Hallo by JoePie (Windows)
Missing by Ike
Ouija by Nite Umbrium

How to submit:
Submit your game as a resource, here: https://rpgmakermv.co/resources/categories/completed-games.7/

Last edited:

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
Yep, but it doesn't have to be FULLY horror, like, there can be relaxing moments before/after the horror part, it just needs to include horror :P

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bummer. I prefer a lighter themed Halloween. Maybe next time. I withdraw my potential application.

Last edited:

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Let me try it from a different angle. Different things make different requirements for the horror genre, for different people. What requirements of the horror genre is this competition looking for?

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
Indeed it does, soul =D

MinisterJay: good point! The horror can be however you like it to be, it can even be something as simple as a jumpscare by someone wearing a costume =D

TheUnproPro

Boondoggle
Staff member
Resource Team
Partner
LTN - thanks for pinning it =D Also, not really sure if it'd be fair if teams were allowed, as not everyone has access to a second developer =P So lets stick with individual development for now <3

MistyDay

Adventurer
Xy$
Juhuu a challenge ! I´ll try to join ! Althought I have not a single free hour till monday :P
Nevermind, planty of time for figuring out something nice huh? :)